Thread: ? Sig P220

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

? Sig P220

On the firing line yesterday a shooter showed me his new Sig P220. I asked him what is the function of the clear pin on the receiver, he didn't have any idea. Downloaded from the SIG web site a PDF file, but it didn't state the function of that pin. It is located about the 4-point safety system on the receiver.

What is it function in life?

EDIT: Finally located a part list (page 26) and it is a roll pin. Assume for the firing pin: http://stevespages.com/pdf/sig_p220to245.pdf The glass & or clear plastic is very interesting, being a G-man, I never noticed it before on a Sig.

Last edited by platoonDaddy; 04-22-14 at 17:13.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    EDIT: Finally located a part list (page 26) and it is a roll pin. Assume for the firing pin: http://stevespages.com/pdf/sig_p220to245.pdf The glass & or clear plastic is very interesting, being a G-man, I never noticed it before on a Sig.
    Why is there a glass component inside the pistol? That just sounds ass backwards to me.
    ˇˇKawaii Desu Ne Haruhi-Chan!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzintzuntzan View Post
    Why is there a glass component inside the pistol? That just sounds ass backwards to me.
    Note: above 4-point safety system on the receiver. In the early morning sunlight it certainly looked like a glass component. Waiting to hear from a S-man

Last edited by platoonDaddy; 04-22-14 at 17:15.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    You're talking about the pin just above the decocker on the P220?

It's a heavy roll pin used for the breech block. I've seen some P220 that use a straight solid pin or the heavy roll pin. 2 of my P220s with german proof marks had solid pins and my Exeter P220s had heavy roll pins.

I don't believe that there are any glass pins or parts in a Sig.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    You're talking about the pin just above the decocker on the P220?

It's a heavy roll pin used for the breech block. I've seen some P220 that use a straight solid pin or the heavy roll pin. 2 of my P220s with german proof marks had solid pins and my Exeter P220s had heavy roll pins.

I don't believe that there are any glass pins or parts in a Sig.
    Yes, above the decocker - the reason I used the term "4-point safety system" is when I was researching the pin, one of the schematics I located labeled it as such. What color is your pin? If you look at the above picture (post # 3) it is light in color, his seriously looks clear.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    If it's the solid breech block pin then it is the same color as the slide, Sigs Nitrolon (Sp?) finish. If it's the heavy roll pin then it is stainless steel colored.

My opinion is; the reason it looks like its clear or "glass" is because of the lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Yes, above the decocker - the reason I used the term "4-point safety system" is when I was researching the pin, one of the schematics I located labeled it as such. What color is your pin? If you look at the above picture (post # 3) it is light in color, his seriously looks clear.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    If it's the solid breech block pin then it is the same color as the slide, Sigs Nitrolon (Sp?) finish. If it's the heavy roll pin then it is stainless steel colored.

My opinion is; the reason it looks like its clear or "glass" is because of the lighting.
    You are probably right on the lighting, hopefully I will see him again and take a closer look.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    You don't need to worty about finding him again. It is just a roll pin, and as mentioned it is for the breach block. I have 3 German Sig P series and they all have the roll pin rather than the solid pin.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Double Roll Pins. Holds the breech block and assorted parts inside, like the firing pin and firing pin safety/block.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.