Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778

Thread: Magpul M-LOK

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Details on the uppers?
    They're by MSTN (Wes Grant). From the looks of it, the M-Lok one has a Noveske N4, SLR adjustable gas block and a Warcomp, however the hell he got that... That has to be a 9.5" Mk4 so a 10.5" barrel.
    Last edited by VelveteenMole; 08-10-15 at 16:34.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How well do the Magpul type 2 M-lok rail covers work on the ALG ver. 2 or ver. 3 rails? The Magpul covers supposedly are "optimized" for use on 3,6, and 9 o'clock slots, but the ALG ver. 2 and 3 handguards have slots at the 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 o'clock positions. So, do the type 2 covers work well on these rails?
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Amicus View Post
    How well do the Magpul type 2 M-lok rail covers work on the ALG ver. 2 or ver. 3 rails? The Magpul covers supposedly are "optimized" for use on 3,6, and 9 o'clock slots, but the ALG ver. 2 and 3 handguards have slots at the 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 o'clock positions. So, do the type 2 covers work well on these rails?
    My set up is Type 2s at 2 and 6 and type ones at 4 and 10. The type 2s don't fit on consecutive rows on the EMR handguards.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks BoringGuy. Very helpful.

In case anyone wants to know why I asked the question, here goes.

Just to try out M-Lok, I bought an ALG rail, version 1 -- a very plain jane model with eight rows of M-Lok slots. After experiencing some heat buildup and burning by thumb (later story), I thought I would get some covers. The Magpul series 2 covers perfectly fit the bill, and look like this:

Looking at 7:30 slot:

Looking at 3:00 slot:

Looking at 4:30 slot:

As you can see, Magpul thought this out well, allowing for coverage of a slot and the surrounding aluminum, while leaving the adjacent slots open for ventilation. My concern involved whether the ALG ver. 2 or 3 rails, which have only six rows of M-Lok slots would work well with the Magpul type 2 rail covers. I'd like to see some photos, but it seems pretty obvious that any covers that were "optimized" for 3, 6 and 9 o'clock placement would not work as well with rails that did not have slots in those positions.

All in all, I do like the rail, but might be reluctant to get a ver. 2 or 3 that did not have covers that worked as well. My only real complaints about the ver. 1 are:

The front sight base:

Since the screw heads are not flush with the bottom of the rail slots, I had to position the front sight back by one slot.

And, this:

Yes, I did manage to touch the gas tube with my left thumb while changing my forward grip. I had a strip of rescue tape over the front of the slot for a while (the rear I left clear because I was using the rear QD sling adapter), but removed it for this photo.

All in all, I really like these rails and plan to pick up a few more (as funds and build plans allow).
    Last edited by Amicus; 11-10-15 at 13:55.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    My set up is Type 2s at 2 and 6 and type ones at 4 and 10. The type 2s don't fit on consecutive rows on the EMR handguards.
    Do you have any pictures by chance of your setup? I'm considering moving from the V1 to the V2.

Also, will the Type 1 covers snap into the top MLOK slots on the V2? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amicus View Post
    The front sight base:

Since the screw heads are not flush with the bottom of the rail slots, I had to position the front sight back by one slot.
    This too really bugs me. I wish ALG would make a 3-slot top rail that only takes up one MLOK slot and uses flush fit screws. This would work perfectly with my MBUS Pro front sight.

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778