Page 45 of 78 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul M-LOK

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RichFitz View Post
    The MOE slot system introduced in 2007 was a propriety system the we never released the TDP on. Even then the MOE user base is over ten times larger than the current keymod user base. Despite a TDP not being released, several companies emerged (Like IWC) to build accessories for the system. Some freefloat rails were made with the MOE slots but adoption would always be limited as MOE accessories were never designed to be direct attach with no access to the rear surface (hard to do on a freefloat rail).

For the MOE handguard application, Keymod is inherently unsuitable for polymer or carbon fiber mounting surfaces due to it's conical engagement surface. M-LOK was created to provide an updated direct attachment system to replace the MOE system and provide the full TDP at no cost to all manufactures to use to build other items for the system.

Here is the some of the ways the M-LOK system was designed to be a better all round system than Keymod...

M-LOK works over a wider material thickness range than Keymod.
    M-LOK uses a flat nut that is suitable for polymer, metal and carbon fiber mounting surfaces.
    M-LOK is a true direct attach system so a line of accessories mounted next to each other do not need to be slid off to remove just one piece.
    M-LOK has better recoil/impact support than Keymod.
    M-LOK uses a larger bolt and has greater direct surface contact than Keymod resulting is greater pull out strength (a single MLOK mount exceeds 300 lbs in all materials)
    M-LOK accessories are multi directional (can be mounted forward or backwards).
    M-LOK has a uniform internal edge that can be generously chamfered allowing a better feel on the hand than Keymods 45 degree under cuts.
    M-LOK can use any of the millions of MOE accessories already fielded via an adapter plate.
    M-LOK slots are much lower cost to manufacture than Keymod resulting in lower cost to consumers.
    M-LOK nuts are much lower cost to manufacture than Keymod resulting in lower cost to consumers.
    M-LOK bolts are commonly available (user replaceable) and allow more torque to be applied than Keymod.
    M-LOK slots requires no special CNC cutters or complex injection molds to manufacture an undercut like Keymod resulting in lower cost to consumers.
    M-LOK has greater documentation surrounding manufacturing than Keymod allowing for greater compatibility between different manufactures and different M-LOK products.
    Seems legit.

I will buy an MLOK for my next build and give it a try.
    In the future, PMAGs will be the currency standard.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...a0&oe=54AA9EFF

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...69&oe=54A9DBC6

Offset RMR with the M-LOK Offset Light/Optic mount.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    I like the set-up. Hypothetical question: Do you ever see M-LOK completely replacing 1913 picatinny rail?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke2424 View Post
    I like the set-up. Hypothetical question: Do you ever see M-LOK completely replacing 1913 picatinny rail?
    I think it is dependent on the accessory. Lights - no. VFG and that sort of stuff - most likely.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I apologize if this has already been answered, but does anyone know what companies are producing rail covers or if current production rail covers fit MLOK? Specifically the Centurion covers?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 35percent View Post
    I apologize if this has already been answered, but does anyone know what companies are producing rail covers or if current production rail covers fit MLOK? Specifically the Centurion covers?
    M-LOK handgards are smooth so rail covers would not be needed or am I missing something.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
    M-LOK handgards are smooth so rail covers would not be needed or am I missing something.
    Even though I'm not one of them, some prefer some sort of protection on the handguards. Heat is probably the biggest reason.

I keep hitting refresh on this thread hoping for the release of the next lot of M-LOK accessories. Want to place an order here directly.
    Last edited by titanse05; 10-21-14 at 13:35.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    ^^ Pretty much yeah. I'm more worried about heat transfer to the rail and not singing my hands when I'm not wearing gloves.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just bought and installed a 13" ALG M-Lok to try out on a test rifle. The ALG with the M-Lok feels nice, I like the flat sides. Pretty good deal, $136 shipped with top co-witness rail piece. Looking forward to installing other M-Lok pieces. I have 3 Keymod rails and wanted to give M-Lok a go, I think it will be like Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD. Whichever system has the most content/accessories will win.

Hand guard panels are necessary for both M-Lok and Keymod, because they get hot sometimes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just now, the ALG series and the forthcoming Aero Precision "bolt to upper" system have my attention, but we shall see. I have put together a few builds (and a couple of straight up buys) this year, and am running out of funds (papa needs a new roof). If I could find a decent M-Lok system that will install on a standard bbl nut, I might go for it to alter a system I just don't like (complete with pinned comp). Otherwise, I will have to wait.

Also, I have yet to find anyone who makes heat covers/panels for M-Lok. Have any been released yet?
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Page 45 of 78 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast