Page 49 of 78 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul M-LOK

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Looks a little snug on the cantilever, but the MBUS Pro screw isn't actually touching, you've just got to be at the right angle to tell. I think this paints the Offset mount in a bad light actually, as the Cantilever puts it so low that it gives the appearance that the Offset mount is sticking out a lot further than it is. In reality, the M-LOK surface would bisect the light if you drew a line straight up. I'm a terrible photographer, but I tried to get a representative view of each in one pic but it's a little off. Anyways, the offset mount is made to support optics as well as clear lasers in certain configurations but it still tucks the lights in out of the way. It also mitigates issues clearing iron sights with an offset light that the cantilever in a 45-degree M-LOK slot might pose. Naturally I think everyone should use MBUS Pros, but if you use a larger front sight you should clear most of them with the Offset mount. Of course, we can't accommodate every possible configuration so in the future a very tiny OD handguard with a large sight may pose issues regardless of the offset mount used, be it ours or another M-LOK manufacturer.
    IAW site rules, I work for Magpul Industries

This is a personal account and the opinions expressed may not reflect those of Magpul Industries

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll add that on larger diameter rails, unless it's a clearance issue, the cantilever on a 45 is a cleaner solution, but on some of the thinner rails, the offset is actually better, and is required to clear just about anything else. The great thing is that for $35 each, you can take your pick of two different low-profile light/optic mounting solutions that will mount a scout or a picatinny mount, or any handheld light with another $18 for the V-Block and rings. The polymer cantilever rail just launched, so you get that in polymer now for an $18 scout or pistol light mount, and the offset will be out in polymer shortly, so you can have that for the same $18. We don't recommend using the polymer offset for optics, but we're picky that way.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks a million for taking the time on this! This is exactly what I was looking for; and I believe I've found my light/handguard setup for the next upper I configure.

Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post

Looks a little snug on the cantilever, but the MBUS Pro screw isn't actually touching, you've just got to be at the right angle to tell. I think this paints the Offset mount in a bad light actually, as the Cantilever puts it so low that it gives the appearance that the Offset mount is sticking out a lot further than it is. In reality, the M-LOK surface would bisect the light if you drew a line straight up. I'm a terrible photographer, but I tried to get a representative view of each in one pic but it's a little off. Anyways, the offset mount is made to support optics as well as clear lasers in certain configurations but it still tucks the lights in out of the way. It also mitigates issues clearing iron sights with an offset light that the cantilever in a 45-degree M-LOK slot might pose. Naturally I think everyone should use MBUS Pros, but if you use a larger front sight you should clear most of them with the Offset mount. Of course, we can't accommodate every possible configuration so in the future a very tiny OD handguard with a large sight may pose issues regardless of the offset mount used, be it ours or another M-LOK manufacturer.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Does anyone know if the forth coming M-Lok rail covers are going to be stripped together or individualized pieces like the Noveske keymod panels?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Got my offset light mount today from AIMSurplus and immediately got it mounted up. I'm happy with it. It puts the light in the right place on my 15" SLR Rifleworks Ultra Lite handguard. Can't wait for a direct attach AFG or handstop kit.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    Last edited by titanse05; 10-28-14 at 14:23.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrock View Post
    Does anyone know if the forth coming M-Lok rail covers are going to be stripped together or individualized pieces like the Noveske keymod panels?
    There will be two variants. One will be minimalist and in strips that can be trimmed to length or butted together for longer coverage. Another will be more like XTM panels, and more rigid, with more coverage, but still slim. Neither variant will actually require T-Nuts. The hand stop kit will integrate seamlessly with both, and will be out around SHOT.

The M-LOK AFG will ship before Thanksgiving. We played with the original AFG and achieved what we really wanted from it. With a bit of a compound angle and a smaller, more minimalist profile, it is more adaptable to different positions on the hand guard, blends well with M-LOK rail profiles, can butt up nicely to the M-LOK MVG, if desired, and still appeals to users of the original AFG/AFG2. I was never a huge AFG user, but I love this thing. It's also going to be a bit less expensive than the original AFG.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I suppose this is relevant. I really need to finish off this build, as the Geissele Mk8 is a wonderful handguard.

Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Now that the cat is out of the bag, I'm very excited about the new M-LOK AFG. We recognize that the current AFG/AFG2 isn't necessarily for everyone, I personally don't run one for example as I'm a handstop fan. I think the M-LOK AFG will change some perceptions of the AFG concept...one again, myself included. I really like what the team produced, and I can't wait to release it.
    IAW site rules, I work for Magpul Industries

This is a personal account and the opinions expressed may not reflect those of Magpul Industries

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    Now that the cat is out of the bag, I'm very excited about the new M-LOK AFG. We recognize that the current AFG/AFG2 isn't necessarily for everyone, I personally don't run one for example as I'm a handstop fan. I think the M-LOK AFG will change some perceptions of the AFG concept...one again, myself included. I really like what the team produced, and I can't wait to release it.
    Any pics to share?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We'll hold off on the pics for a bit. Don't want to spoil the surprise. :-)
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

Page 49 of 78 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast