Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul M-LOK

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    What do you mean?
    I'm able to grasp a 1913 spec handguard without undue pain, stress, strain, injury, or fatigue... So I don't have to subject myself to all the ridulous antics of trying mount stuff to a handguard with no rails. Or mount rails to a handguard with no rails to mount something to the rail, or find covers to mount to the hanguard with no rails that that were eliminated so they could be used without covers.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    I'm able to grasp a 1913 spec handguard without undue pain, stress, strain, injury, or fatigue... So I don't have to subject myself to all the ridulous antics of trying mount stuff to a handguard with no rails. Or mount rails to a handguard with no rails to mount something to the rail, or find covers to mount to the hanguard with no rails that that were eliminated so they could be used without covers.
    It strikes me that all of Geissele's rails, the KMR, and the M-LOK rail already accomplish all of these things. The only variable here is the attachment system.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It wasn't just designed for polymer. That was a primary consideration, and was what started us down this path, but it's a LOT faster and easier to manufacture and QC in metal, it doesn't leave .020" edges, the nuts are easy to make, and it's crazy strong, among other benefits. We didn't just test keymod vs M-LOK in polymer. Everything we did in polymer, we did in metal.

Starting tomorrow at NRA, we'll release the continuously growing list of metal hand guard and accessory manufacturers who have committed to making M-LOK products, and it's not a short list. Geissele Automatics was onboard first and we used the SMR in testing, but we started the industry release a few days prior to the public release, and a lot of great manufacturers were sold on the system immediately after seeing it. There will be both metal and polymer direct-mount accessories available very soon, from multiple sources.

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    To me... making a design consideration for what will work on the friggin plastic MOE hand guard is cuckoo. I know Magpul's roots are in the plastic injection world, but the MOE hand guard just strikes me as an economy rail for casual users.

I know the lower cost stuff will sell faster to the masses though... so I guess Magpul knows where they're going with the approach.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Sounds good. It will be interesting to see for sure.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    Give it a week.
    Do you know something we don't know?
    No, something that everyone here should know. Magpul is one of a few companies big enough to move the entire industry. The industry just found a new direction to go. Everybody should either be heading that direction, or better be so kick ass they can swim upstream. Alone.

There will never be a thread titled 'Where are all the M-lok accessories?' after this rolls out.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    It wasn't just designed for polymer. That was a primary consideration, and was what started us down this path, but it's a LOT faster and easier to manufacture and QC in metal, it doesn't leave .020" edges, the nuts are easy to make, and it's crazy strong, among other benefits. We didn't just test keymod vs M-LOK in polymer. Everything we did in polymer, we did in metal.

Starting tomorrow at NRA, we'll release the continuously growing list of metal hand guard and accessory manufacturers who have committed to making M-LOK products, and it's not a short list. Geissele Automatics was onboard first and we used the SMR in testing, but we started the industry release a few days prior to the public release, and a lot of great manufacturers were sold on the system immediately after seeing it. There will be both metal and polymer direct-mount accessories available very soon, from multiple sources.
    When MagPul first released its polymer magazines, you published videos online of various stress tests of the PMAGs vs. aluminum GI mags. This helped sell the concept to skeptics.

Why don't you do the same with this? You discussed a shake test vs. the KeyMod in your technical guide, for example. How about a video comparing the results?

Quite frankly, I'm a bit skeptical here. I liked the KeyMod concept, but I can't say I like it now that we're beginning new standardization wars. This does nothing but further complicate the platform and add confusion to consumers.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    If the conical head bolts used with km are problematic for polymers, what is stopping anyone from just using button head screws?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    You would have a tough time tightening the button head cap screws. GH

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Why? Shouldn't that side of the accessory be oblivious to the other as long as you design for the screw/bolt you are using?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    When MagPul first released its polymer magazines, you published videos online of various stress tests of the PMAGs vs. aluminum GI mags.

The videos were put out much later, they were not part of the release of the Gen 1 PMAGs. That isn't how I remember it at all.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast