Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would still pick an AR over a US-made Tavor?

Feedback Score

Who would still pick an AR over a US-made Tavor?

Just watched a couple Nutnfancy vids on the IWI Tavor in which he compared it heavily to the AR platform, specifically an SPR setup. He said a lot of great things about it but had some complaints concerning weight, trigger and caliber limitations. How many of you would still choose Stoner's design over the Israeli gun if you could have either? Please explain why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxCuDtQW3nw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rZccNNt7-U
    Last edited by Tacti-square; 05-09-13 at 14:40.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Who would still pick an AR over a US-made Tavor?

If I want info on airplane mechanical issues, I may ask Nut'n Fancy. If I want info on guns, I'd look elsewhere.

I've owned bullpups. I'll stick to AR-15s.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Nutnfancy is generally regarded as a useless tool on this board.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    I don't particularly like him either, he just had access to a system I was interested in. Forget about him then, just think about the platform. Is it more capable than the M4?
    Last edited by Tacti-square; 05-09-13 at 15:15.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I rather get dental work done than watch him run a bolt gun.

Feedback Score
    While I would agree that Nutnfancy can stick his hour long reviews where the sun don't shine, I will say that LAV himself chimed in to the Tavor thread on the "Other Rifles" board and said he'd consider picking one up over an AR.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

-C S Lewis

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I wouldn't even take the time to post in a thread about another goofball Israeli designed firearm.....

Let alone consider spending GOOD MONEY on one.!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I own both, and would definitely take the AR. The difficult trigger and behavior in recoil make my performance suffer noticeably on the Tavor. The extra length vs. extra weight is a tradeoff. That said, the Tavor is fun and different and I'm not getting rid of it any time soon.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    As much as I'd love own a Tavor, it just doesn't compare to an AR.

Not only in price but availability, aftermarket, and ability to modify/customize. My AR still wins.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacti-square View Post
    J Who would still pick an AR over a US-made Tavor?

No, welcome to the board....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast