Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul M-LOK

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    In the pdf it states that it is backwards compatible.
    I meant if newer accessories could be used on old hand guards.

I am agreeing with Noodles here on just about every point.
    Though, I am sure a corp as large as Magpul is that this must have been a strategic play. I highly doubt their realization and feasibility team would miss something this large.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    MLOK at 20mm is .787
    Keymod is .788 center to center
    That might cover the mounting holes but that doesn't cover the anti-recoil lug compatibility between the two.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
    That might cover the mounting holes but that doesn't cover the anti-recoil lug compatibility between the two.
    Keep reading what I wrote.

It appears that you MIGHT be able to use MLOK panels/accessories IF you remove the MLOK nut put a KeyMod nut on it instead. The MLOK nut is definitely in no way compatible with Keymod. It's 7mm for one thing, and the KM small hole is 5.9mm. The MLOK nut wouldn't fit at all.

It's the tangency contact that I'm more interested in than the center to center spacing.

The keymod shares dimensions with some aspects of 1913. I'm sure the MLOK does as well. So it could just be happenstance that since they were both designed from the same source, they could be similar in some dimensions and still be entirely incompatible.

Magpul officially displays this in 3 days or so. Anyone going to NRA show can just ask them.
    Last edited by Noodles; 04-22-14 at 15:46.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    http://geissele.com/m-lok-technology

Geissele is in on it.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyzik View Post
    I meant if newer accessories could be used on old hand guards.
    Pretty sure that's a No. MOE accessories on MLOK rails with the use of adapter plate, but not the other way around

Q: I have a hand guard with the original MOE slots. Can I use the new M-LOK
    accessories on it?
    A: No, M-LOK accessories will not fit into the MOE slots without modification. MOE
    accessories, however, will work on an M-LOK slot with a small adapter plate.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I'll give it this, it is less machining and does work in plastics. Should be interesting.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Or they took a key mod Geiselle and machined open more for their system.
    I'm not Bill G. but that rail can't be modified/built from any current Geissele SMR that I've seen. The spacing is off. It looks like a custom one built for Magpul by Geissele.

It's too bad the ends need to be square for the Magpul mod. The best part about the MKI—and Bill's original intent—was to keep the sections round so they feel good in the hand.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JChops View Post
    I'm not Bill G. but that rail can't be modified/built from any current Geissele SMR that I've seen. The spacing is off. It looks like a custom one built for Magpul by Geissele.

It's too bad the ends need to be square for the Magpul mod. The best part about the MKI—and Bill's original intent—was to keep the sections round so they feel good in the hand.
    See a couple posts up.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Personally, I think this actually looks better than keymod. It looks to have more negative space, it's easier to manufacture, it's non-directional (huge upgrade to keymod, imo), and looks like it could have more variability in mounting locations if recoil lugs were foregone for certain applications.

It's so simple it's stupid. It's literally a rectangle with chamfered corners. But it's awesome, and I love it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It's going to come down to OUNCES and Dollars... that's my guess.

Either mounting system is probably more than adequate.... so in my amature opinion its money and weight.... Keymod will be tough to beat on either.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast