Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul M-LOK

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    In the pdf it states that it is backwards compatible.
    Looking at the PDF in the FAQs section it say it will not fit the old standard MOE slots without modification. Does say that MOE parts will work the M-lok with adapter plate.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    It looks like a cross between a Geiselle and a Keymod.
    Or they took a key mod Geiselle and machined open more for their system.

I have to agree with the sentiment of just getting on the keymod bandwagon.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyzik View Post
    Maybe a good upgrade from MOE if it were backward compatible but I just don't get it.
    Their MOE to MLOK drawing is retarded showing MOE in imperial and MLOK in metric... But they are definitely incompatible.

Which is why I saw all new Magpul furniture is coming. It just may be the same thing with updated "negative space" for the MLOK, or it could be actually-new parts. The MOE stuff is heavy (thus the reason everyone is trending metal + keymod, but whatever) and could use a re-design.

Although on Magpul's side this is interesting because it's ALL new furniture AND accessories they'll need to be on top of, this is actually a big deal. Huge investment.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Biggest advantages of mlok from the brochure:
    Can mount accessories backwards and forwards without modification
    Works on polymer handguards
    Easier and cheaper machining
    Doesn't look like warehouse shelving
    Last edited by Koshinn; 04-22-14 at 14:57.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'm kinda thinking there is a specific reason they would rather compete with than participate in the KeyMod space?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Doing a very brief glance at the technical drawings and a quick math calculation, theoretically you could mount an MLok accessory in a keymod slot...

I wonder if this was intentional.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
    I'm kinda thinking there is a specific reason they would rather compete with than participate in the KeyMod space?
    Should be interesting.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
    They explain it in their FAQ. Back side features like the keymod's taper would be expensive to injection mold, and my guess is they can't get the strength they would need while keeping weight down in plastic.

It's a fair implementation... IF your goal is to make very high margin plastic rails.... My curiosity is that given the choice, who wants heavier plastic rails? People searching for the cheaper option mostly. Which will of course work well for them - It's just that imo this is a MASSIVE investment on their part.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That makes sense. The price on the metal handguard will be VERY interesting.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TxRaptor View Post
    Doing a very brief glance at the technical drawings and a quick math calculation, theoretically you could mount an MLok accessory in a keymod slot...

I wonder if this was intentional.

Yea... It looks to me like the center to center is 20mm on page 5 of the PDF. It doesn't say it's 20mm exactly, they just kind of imply it.

MLOK at 20mm is .787
    Keymod is .788 center to center

But, I'm not seeing any mating taper on their T-Nut. They do say it's "cams" but that's in sheer to the part...

My guess.... Is that Magpul not being outright dummies... Is going to offer two versions of the nut and keep the parts the same. It does sort of seem that you might be able to put a keymod nut on a MLOK part... But... They are showing a flat mating section with large rounded corners where KM has a full radius mating face. Perhaps they drew it up so that the top and bottom radii match the tangent of the KM sections...???? It does seem unlikely to make the part 1/3rd of a human hair different in center to center and NOT make them compatible by using a different nut.

Add to that, they show an MOE adapter... But my guess is that's going to get old quick so it seems they just doubled SKUs on all their MOE parts and will likely make MLOK versions.
    Last edited by Noodles; 04-22-14 at 15:17.

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast