Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul M-LOK

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Read through the whole PDF - this looks like a very well thought out system. I hate to see competing "open standards" against the existing Keymod system, but this looks better and cheaper...
    I did too and came to the same conclusion. KeyMod started with great traction but already has some tough competition. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Read through the whole PDF - this looks like a very well thought out system. I hate to see competing "open standards" against the existing Keymod system, but this looks better and cheaper...
    It's like VHS vs Betamax all over again. Or for the younger folks, Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am sure that they will be doing keymod in the future too...There is money to be made, and they ain't dumb.
    For all the reasons cited in this thread and in our FAQ, we have no plans to build any key mod products.
    I was so wrong I should be living in the White House.

The more I learn, the more I like the M Lok.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    SPQR476,

Is it in the spec that MLOK is required to split two slots? Could a "2 space" attachment fit in filling an a single slot or is a "3 space" minimum required that spans two slots?

Thanks,

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can make "2-lug" accessories that fit entirely in a single slot or spanning 2, but only taking half of each, and still have 2 nuts securing it with full, solid lug recoil support in all four directions, whichever way you place it.

Several of the accessories that are coming from us will be short, 2 lug configurations.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    You can make "2-lug" accessories that fit entirely in a single slot or spanning 2, but only taking half of each, and still have 2 nuts securing it with full, solid lug recoil support in all four directions, whichever way you place it.
    ... Wait, if you're spanning two over 1/2 of each with two nuts, what are you leveraging against to secure from sliding in the slot? Just the compression/pinch? So, 1/2 is just an option, loosening and sliding anywhere in that range would also work?

Several of the accessories that are coming from us will be short, 2 lug configurations.
    Hmmm.... That's interesting. I'm not sure I've seen much in Keymod that only spans two segments. Plastic panels I guess.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nope...since the lugs are on both sides of where each nut is, the recoil lugs work in both directions. So if you're inside a slot, the outside lugs act on the outside edges of the slot you're in. When you span 2 slots with a 2 lug accessory, the inside lugs act on the adjacent ends of the two slots. Still 100% supported against movement in all 4 directions. Even with a 2 lug accessory, no matter how you put it on the mounting surface, if it fits into the slots in any way, it's completely supported by recoil lugs.

The nuts themselves are only ever providing compression to keep the accessory in contact with the mounting surface. The nut and fastener are never stressed laterally.

If it sounds complicated, it's not. You can visibly see the light bulb come on in about 30 seconds after someone picks it up the first time.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    Nope...since the lugs are on both sides of where each nut is, the recoil lugs work in both directions. So if you're inside a slot, the outside lugs act on the outside edges of the slot you're in. When you span 2 slots with a 2 lug accessory, the inside lugs act on the adjacent ends of the two slots. Still 100% supported against movement in all 4 directions. Even with a 2 lug accessory, no matter how you put it on the mounting surface, if it fits into the slots in any way, it's completely supported by recoil lugs.

The nuts themselves are only ever providing compression to keep the accessory in contact with the mounting surface. The nut and fastener are never stressed laterally.

If it sounds complicated, it's not. You can visibly see the light bulb come on in about 30 seconds after someone picks it up the first time.
    Thanks, I get it. When spanning two, the space between is the front/rear lock. For some reason I was picturing an non-equal distance of spacing and lugs.

Good on you to come down off the mountain and explain the tablets to the little people - efforts like go a long way into relating to the community. Appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Maybe this has been answered but when will M Lock free float rails be on the market and who will be producing them? I was so close to buying keymod but this concept makes more sense to me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Geissele, Samson, ALG, and Krebs (AK) had rails ready before NRA and showed them. There are many other major manufacturers with stuff in the works, but I won't speak for them until they are ready.

Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast