Page 23 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul M-LOK

Feedback Score
    I had the opportunity to get an overview of the M-LOK system from one of Magpul's associates while at the NRA Expo. It is obviously a very simple system, and that, in my opinion is a huge value. It may be due to the fact that I am currently taking a graduate course in Lean systems engineering, but I think this system is very good. It is a standardized rectangle hole. Machine time costs way more than material so a simple mounting system that takes less time to make means more inexpensive products. Talking with the Geissele folks they said their 10" EMR should cost around $100 with the reduced machine time that the M-LOK slots take over the diamond/oval and mounting hole pattern they are currently using. Very good, except that I just got my EMR back from coating (Murphy at work). Having the same rail with a more user friendly mounting system (no backer plates) and numerous direct mount items in the works...all for ~15-25% less money, that's outstanding.

Feedback Score
    Did Geissele perhaps mention what lengths their M-LOK rails will be produced in?
    USMC 2011-Present

Feedback Score
    HeliPilot,

They did not, but I didn't directly ask that question. Being they're the first M-LOK rail out of the gate, I'd project that they'll have a full line. That is my conjecture though.

Feedback Score
    Does the M-Lok platform allow for quick detach accessories or is using a screw driver a must to attach accessories?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I really hope BCM hops on the M-Lok wagon.

However, with ESK on the BCM team, and the amount of ingenuity it took to come out with their KeyMod vert grip leads me to believe otherwise...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post

However, with ESK on the BCM team, and the amount of ingenuity it took to come out with their KeyMod vert grip leads me to believe otherwise...
    If you were blown away by the QD Vert Grip, wait until you see the next Keymod QD accessory they are releasing soon.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscenejesster View Post
    If you were blown away by the QD Vert Grip, wait until you see the next Keymod QD accessory they are releasing soon.
    Which one are you referring to?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post

That is the neat thing about the M-LOK system. No ingenuity was needed to design the M-LOK vert grip.

M-LOK's simple and effective design equals lower cost and shorter time to market for accessories.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    a small hint maybe?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichFitz View Post
    That is the neat thing about the M-LOK system. No ingenuity was needed to design the M-LOK vert grip.

M-LOK's simple and effective design equals lower cost and shorter time to market for accessories.

Can't wait to see it.

I just hope that there will be an M-Lok rail capable of achieving or surpassing the KMR's weight and barrel nut attachment method.
    Last edited by scooter22; 05-02-14 at 04:50.

Page 23 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast