Thread: My new umbrella/bcm/rainier build

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

My new umbrella/bcm/rainier build

I Wanted a recce style rifle that I could abuse and take on some pig hunts.Jumped on the computer and ordered up the parts from rainier arms and mocked it up today.My larue mount and Burris mtac will be here thursday,so hopefully saturday I can get some rounds down range with it

basic run down is

umbrella corp upper and lower
    rainier arms match 16" mid length
    bcm kmr 13"
    bcm bcg
    geissele g2s
    Bad ambi safety
    magpul furniture

first impression of the kmr is that I would probably bend it in half.Not 30 seconds after I slapped it together the rifle fell 3ft off a table without a scratch lol.It literally feels like something off a plastic airsoft gun or a paper mache project in highschool.It was super tight fitting over the barrel but I love how thin it is and the key mod attachments.I'd buy it again

It'll fit right in with the sr15 this weekend lol

Feedback Score
    Nice looking boom stick!

Feedback Score
    Plus 1 with cerberus767,...

So how's she shoot?

IF You don't mind me asking, what kind of $$ do you have into her, by building it yourself, verses IF You found that in a GS?

Peace Jeff

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    thanks and it shoots pretty good,leaves brass in a nice neat little pile.

probably about 1500$ in it give or take a few dollars.If I had to guess just by judging from my local gun stores,Id say they would charge significantly more for the same product.Its pretty hard for a local store to compete with online vendors on pricing and parts or even complete rifles.In all honesty if that new bcm recce kmr rifle has been out at the time I would have just bought that because its just about perfect.

built vs bought I havent built anything I like more than my bought kac sr15 lol.I like factory guns but I also enjoy building something exactly how I want it,cost isnt what I look at when I decide to build

Feedback Score

Looks verses Actual

Hey scgt,

IF I do say so, she looks to be an Awesome Build and Cool for You to be able to have a vision of what you want and then to just go and Build it.

What does " recce" mean?

So, because the barrel looks to be Heavy Duty, (ONLY thing I'd change is the color) I have a couple more questions okay,..

I see you say the barrel is 16" BUT Man it Definitely looks longer! I wonder why, or am I the only 1 one that see's this... LOL

and again, because the Barrel Really looks to be Heavy Duty, is it or is it just the silver color messing with me?

How much does your PDW15 <Personel Defense Weapon> (ar15) build weigh?

Peace Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by 03scgt View Post
    thanks and it shoots pretty good,leaves brass in a nice neat little pile.

probably about 1500$ in it give or take a few dollars.If I had to guess just by judging from my local gun stores,Id say they would charge significantly more for the same product.Its pretty hard for a local store to compete with online vendors on pricing and parts or even complete rifles.In all honesty if that new bcm recce kmr rifle has been out at the time I would have just bought that because its just about perfect.

built vs bought I havent built anything I like more than my bought kac sr15 lol.I like factory guns but I also enjoy building something exactly how I want it,cost isnt what I look at when I decide to build
    Last edited by RVTMaverick; 05-10-14 at 18:20.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Recce is generally an accurized 16" carbine with a stainless barrel and a low power optic like a 1-4 or a 1-6.Basically a accurate lightweight do it all rifle

The barrel is a Proprietary Contour by rainier arms and if I had to put a name on it id go with a medium contour as its not lightweight and its not quite a heavy barrel.Its definitely a 16" ,it probably just looks longer due to The angle and the fact I took the picture outside in my back porch so the lighting is crap.The rifle is actually pretty light for having a stainless barrel

Next to my 16" sr15 for reference

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RVTMaverick View Post
    I see you say the barrel is 16" BUT Man it Definitely looks longer! I wonder why, or am I the only 1 one that see's this... LOL
    The slender proportions of the rail make it look longer than it is. The KMR and NSR rails both give that impression when installed, IMO.
    “Live free or die; death is not the worst of evils.”
    - General John Stark, July 31, 1809