View Poll Results: Which J-Frame?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 340 M&P

2 8.33%
  • 442 No-Lock

22 91.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with a purchase decision (j-frame)

Feedback Score
    Lol, I can't be much help cause I have a 442 and a 34. I really love that 442.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    Yeah, I know I can get a Glock at any point in the future really. I am wanting either a 17 or a 34 for SSP IDPA, but I could just run my Colt CCG 1911 in CDP this summer and be pretty happy.

I was pretty set on getting the 442 No Lock, 500 rounds of 38 practice ammo, a good pocket holster and a good AIWB holster, some speed loaders and call it a day. I just saw someone in my area selling a lightly used 340 M&P for $700 on Armslist. Which is damn tempting...
    I have been very pleased with the pocket holsters from Steve at RKBA Holsters. They are very long-lasting, and really well made for the price.

http://rkbaholsters.com/pocketcarry.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll look into them SS, thanks for the suggestion. I have use a Nemesis pocket carrying small autos in the past, but was always kind of meh about the holster.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I have a Nemesis, and it has the benefit of being somewhat more stable in some cargo shorts that have a much wider pocket. In a pair of regular pants, jeans or shorts, the RKBA works better for me. Sample of one, etc etc.

I really like Steve's work at RKBA, as he produces a holster that is specifically shaped for either right or left pocket carry. The Nemesis is ambi - ya saves money, but you give up something for that. Steve also builds them smooth side in, rough side out. So the draw is very fast and smooth, but the pistol is secure in the pocket and holster, due to the precise boning on the leather. I have never had a pistol slide out by accident. I have had a Nemesis do that once in a vehicle.

Plus they last really well. I think my RH holster is 7 years old, and the LH is about 3?

I also think he's a member here, but I could not swear to it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123