Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: help deciding new EDC

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

help deciding new EDC

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I love my PM2. No experience with the benchmade knife linked above. The PM2 is an awesome slicer

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I haven't owned a spyderco in 10 years. Maybe things have changed but I broke the blades on probably 6 of them in a 1.5 year span. Granted I was prying with them but I have walmart gerbers that will hold an edge & pry. If spydercos still snap when you look at them wrong my vote is the benchmade.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Was in a similar debate.. going with the new Benchmade 940-1

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Both are nice. Spyderco knives that are ground thin are not for playing. They are for slicing.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Another vote for the benchmade. Mine has been nothing but durable, and even gave me a courtesy cut once when I slipped... not too deep though :P

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    PM2. I have experience with both and have given the PM2 as gifts and all who receive them are still carrying them till this day. Only problem is that when they need sharpening they bring it back to me to go on the Wicked Edge.
    P144:1

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Agreed. Amazing knife especially at its price point.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Note that on the Benchmade, if you're a first responder or military, you can get, like 50% off MSRP, if you sign up for both a Military/Public Safety web account on the Benchmade website and use the NRALOD2014 coupon code. I just ordered my Benchmade 940-1 for 160 USD shipped, literally over 100 USD cheaper than what KnifeWorks is selling it for. As for Spyderco, they're on promotive.com (30% off), or you can order with the pro discount (if it applies to you) for 40% off, though it has a couple of strings attached (shipping address, minimum orders, etc.).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Note that on the Benchmade, if you're a first responder or military, you can get, like 50% off MSRP, if you sign up for both a Military/Public Safety web account on the Benchmade website and use the NRALOD2014 coupon code. I just ordered my Benchmade 940-1 for 160 USD shipped, literally over 100 USD cheaper than what KnifeWorks is selling it for. As for Spyderco, they're on promotive.com (30% off), or you can order with the pro discount (if it applies to you) for 40% off, though it has a couple of strings attached (shipping address, minimum orders, etc.).
    thanks for the 411

on that 940-01, i dont care much for the carbon fiber, but the steel interests me. what is different or better about the s90v over s30v?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast