Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt Socom II H-2 Buffer

Feedback Score

Colt Socom II H-2 Buffer

Colt Socom II has H-2 Buffer; how can you know if it has heavy duty or standard action spring?
    I want to replace with Blue Springco if it is standard buffer (action) spring.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Colt only uses one carbine action spring. There is no need for a any other kind of spring.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
    Colt only uses one carbine action spring. There is no need for a any other kind of spring.
    Agreed. Don't put that nonsense in a Colt.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by greyman556 View Post
    Colt Socom II has H-2 Buffer; how can you know if it has heavy duty or standard action spring?
    What do you think this spring will do for you?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    While I'm not opposed to using aftermarket springs, if you want modify the recoil stroke of the rifle, an h3 buffer would be a better starting point.

If you wanted an aftermarket spring, go with the Springco WHITE. It is std power and is slightly more linear than a std carbine spring. It's as close as you're gonna get to an A5 or rifle system without doing major parts changes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 04-24-14 at 11:28.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greyman556 View Post
    Is your gun currently having cycling issues as is?
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Would the spring need to be changed if you were running a middy upper on it? I currently have a complete Colt SOCOM lower and a 14.5 BCM middy upper. I typically only shoot M855 through it and haven't had any issues, but yesterday my buddy ran his duty ammo through it (.223 Winchester Ranger) and it didn't cycle for shit.
    "Remember, if it doesn't violate the BYU Honor Code, it's not worth doing"
    -Daniel Tosh

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Would the spring need to be changed if you were running a middy upper on it? I currently have a complete Colt SOCOM lower and a 14.5 BCM middy upper. I typically only shoot M855 through it and haven't had any issues, but yesterday my buddy ran his duty ammo through it (.223 Winchester Ranger) and it didn't cycle for shit.
    The spring is NEVER the answer in my opinion. What buffer and Muzzle device are in use on that middy?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Colt H2 buffer and spring, and BCM Battlecomp.
    "Remember, if it doesn't violate the BYU Honor Code, it's not worth doing"
    -Daniel Tosh

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Well... I'm running an H buffer on my older 14.5 BCM Middy because that seemed to be where it balanced out best. The newer ELW 14.5 middy is running on an A5 (H2) buffer system.

Did the cycling/ejection seem week with the WIN ammo? It's hard to say where the issue is... but WIN recalls so much of their ammo, I wouldn't rule that load out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast