Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aimpoint Micro H-1 or Comp M4 for Colt 6933?

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Do you have direct experience with an aimpoint failing and needing service? Eotechs seem to have a reputation for going TU more frequently than aimpoints.
    My buddies aimpoint t1 was a lemon. Died brand new after one day of use on his ar15. Took 4 months to get it repaired. In that time he ran a primary arms micro and its still ticking. I can't really use red dots or holograms since my astigmatism so I use irons and leupold 1-4x. I'm just saying eotech can die less frequent now than eight years ago, and at least you can get them up and running again. Even Brownells stocks repair parts.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 3is; 04-25-14 at 01:07.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I did look at the Eotech 553 in a desert sand color, but it still seemed like it would be too bulky for my 6933.
    Whole nother debate. If you do choose an EOTech, use one of the XPS or EXPS series. While I am one of the few here who prefers them and thinks their durability has a worse reputation than it deserves, I have heard of fewer instances where an Aimpoint failed. EOTech does have very fast turnaround however.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    A few things....

I think the Aimpoint Micros are the way to go. They are extremely rugged, you can leave them always on, they do not shut off on you, they present a simple red dot, nothing more. Mount them an arm's length down the rifle, toward the front and it is very easy to pick up your target while maintaining full vision with both eyes open. They are light weight.

Unless you plan on using night vision or taking your long gun SCUBA diving, the H-1 is a great choice.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Do you have direct experience with an aimpoint failing and needing service? Eotechs seem to have a reputation for going TU more frequently than aimpoints.
    We have a shitload of deadlined M68s sitting in a box right now. Both CompM2s and the invincible CompM4s.

Anything made by man can and will fail. Unless you need the benefit of the "range finding" capabilities of the EO reticle and the wider FOV through NODs, an Aimpoint is the way to go. EOTechs have their place, but I believe the majority of shooters would be better suited with an H-1 zeroed at 50m and left alone.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Aimpoint micro would be a great fit for a 6933. It'll keep the weight down while not giving up anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It is a cheap Airsoft quality Eotech half ass knockoff- I just had a student with one in a basic class about a month ago and it laid down faster than a cheap hooker

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The M4 is too bulky for an sbr and quite frankly too bulky for anything.

I would get an m3 instead of an m4. I would get a micro t1 before both of those.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    I have the M4s on one of my rifles right now, and don't get me wrong, its a fantastic optic. That being said... going forward I will only be getting H-1's or T-1's for the weight/size, for basically the same features of the M4s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12