Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul Slimline and other New Products.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    dont forget the bottle opener on it for post assembly rejuvination
    I don't even start a build until I've tossed back 2.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    im looking for a new stock that has more cheek support than a MOE but less than an ACS-L. This SL MOE stock seems like it fits the bill. Would have to see them side by side

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The handle on the wrenches is not long enough. Again we have a "do it all wrench" that doesn't have a long handle to break stuck barrel nuts free.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean W. View Post
    ...I wish they added M-Lok slots on the gas block shield so I can put a light out further.
    I bet the Mossie Midnight Mount would be a perfect match with these new handguards

If you study the photos of the handguards on the carbine, you can see that they are barely bigger than the delta ring. That would make them just a tick smaller than the original MOE handguards. Interesting that the Slimlines partially cover the delta ring. Gives them a different look
    Last edited by MistWolf; 04-25-14 at 15:36.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    They look quite similar to the Masada handguards. This would be a nice cheap alternative to carbine cutout rails. Being long armed, I may slap a set on one of my carbines when they release. I've often wondered why no one (magpul specifically) has released a carbine cutout handguard that would extend beyond the fsp.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by slappy; 04-25-14 at 15:45.

Feedback Score
    Thank you - everywhere I've seen these mentioned someone posts that they are thicker/wider than current MOE handguards - studying the picture for a few seconds and reading the description and you find that is an illusion, and they would appear to be smaller in every dimension but length.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If you study the photos of the handguards on the carbine, you can see that they are barely bigger than the delta ring. That would make them just a tick smaller than the original MOE handguards. Interesting that the Slimlines partially cover the delta ring. Gives them a different look
    Last edited by Axlnut; 04-25-14 at 15:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    The handle on the wrenches is not long enough. Again we have a "do it all wrench" that doesn't have a long handle to break stuck barrel nuts free.
    I think you are looking for this. > http://www.2uniquellc.com/#!product/...rel-nut-wrench

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    How much longer do you need the damn thing? If you need more arm, it will accept a half inch breaker bar. I like MagPul's nod to the original Black Rifle, the FAL/SLR- a bottle opener that works on both inch and metric pattern caps
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I'm pretty happy about the handguard. I was actually thinking about how Magpul would go about it if they were going to make a handguard like this. I guess this answers my question.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    How much longer do you need the damn thing? If you need more arm, it will accept a half inch breaker bar. I like MagPul's nod to the original Black Rifle, the FAL/SLR- a bottle opener that works on both inch and metric pattern caps
    I've been having a hard time with these tiny wrenches I bought... So I know where they're coming from
    http://images.drillspot.com/pimages/343/34391_300.jpg

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast