Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: New BCM stock in the works

Feedback Score
    Does this stock close fully on 7-pos A5 buffer tube? Please say yes!!!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I just got my MagPul MOE SL stock last week. It will be interesting to see how these two stocks compare. I'm planning on buying one of the BCM stocks, compare the two, and sell off the one I don't like.

This will be tough as the MOE SL really has impressed me so far.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I just got my MagPul MOE SL stock last week. It will be interesting to see how these two stocks compare. I'm planning on buying one of the BCM stocks, compare the two, and sell off the one I don't like.

This will be tough as the MOE SL really has impressed me so far.
    I'm curious how the Daniel Defense stock compares to those two.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    Larry Vickers added 3 new photos.
    6 mins ·
    Ok gang great news - the Bravo Company USA Gunfighter buttstock is ready for launch - it will be available very soon
    Watch for the upcoming video highlighting just how strong and lightweight this stock really is - you will be impressed I promise
    Good times !!!
    Best news all day.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    I just tried it and I believe so. I got both parts (Magpul sl stock and A5 buffer) in a box awaiting a lower.
    Last edited by RioGrandeGreen; 09-14-14 at 17:06. Reason: description added

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Someone from BCM said it does not a few pages back.

Feedback Score
    I read that it fits the ar10/15 6 position tube only. I think it's in this thread somewhere.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    It will "fit" both the 6 and 7 position a5 buffer tubes, but the answer provided indicates it is not designed with extra length so as to collapse to the first notch on the 7 position tube.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    It will "fit" both the 6 and 7 position a5 buffer tubes, but the answer provided indicates it is not designed with extra length so as to collapse to the first notch on the 7 position tube.
    Exactly! Why the fukk this is asked about every stock ever is beyond me. To get a stock to close all the way, all things equal, would just mean additional body material on the front of the stock with NO effective change in anything other than cosmetics.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    56 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Exactly! Why the fukk this is asked about every stock ever is beyond me. To get a stock to close all the way, all things equal, would just mean additional body material on the front of the stock with NO effective change in anything other than cosmetics.
    Not always. I don't care that my stocks "meet up" at the front, to the rear of the receiver, but I do care when the last notch it can close to, is not the most the stock could be collapsed. I have A5s on my rifles, and my STR stocks collapse flush to the RE nut, on the next to the last notch and no further, because the body of the stock prevents them moving further. This is fine with me, because it means my stock is locked in place, as short as it will get.

My lightweight MOE/CTR stocks close to the next to last notch, BUT because the MOE stocks are shorter in length than the STR, they can also go halfway past the next to last notch, and are in limbo, not locked into any notch. This is what I'm trying to avoid. I care, not about having more material at the front of the stock to look neat when closed, but to ensure that when I depress the lever and push the stock all the way in, that it locks into a notch there, rather than halfways past it. I want my stock locked in place, and not to have to play "push in, pull out" to find the notch it likes.

I understand that this a Vltor A5 specific problem, but as the STR/ACS and EMOD length stocks handle it well and are correctly sized for A5 tubes, and other shorter stocks don't always, it is something I care about when looking at new stock designs. If the Magpul SL or the BCM stock can't go halfway past the last useable notch on an A5 RE but rather locks into a notch when fully collapsed, then it's a good candidate to replace some of my MOE/CTR stocks.
    Last edited by KingsideRook; 09-15-14 at 09:29.

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast