Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: New BCM stock in the works

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsideRook View Post
    Not always. I don't care that my stocks "meet up" at the front, to the rear of the receiver, but I do care when the last notch it can close to, is not the most the stock could be collapsed. I have A5s on my rifles, and my STR stocks collapse flush to the RE nut, on the next to the last notch and no further, because the body of the stock prevents them moving further. This is fine with me, because it means my stock is locked in place, as short as it will get.
    The simple cure for all of this is the 6-position RE. I have a 6-position on all of my rifles and none of my stocks (SOPMOD's & CTR's) close all the way to the lower receiver, but they all lock in place in the farthest forward position. I could care less if they close all the way, but I do like them to be locked in.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    The simple cure for all of this is the 6-position RE. I have a 6-position on all of my rifles and none of my stocks (SOPMOD's & CTR's) close all the way to the lower receiver, but they all lock in place in the farthest forward position. I could care less if they close all the way, but I do like them to be locked in.
    Same here. I need another A5SR, but can't find one to save my life right now.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Same here. I need another A5SR, but can't find one to save my life right now.
    hmm, according to the MidwayUSA product page, the 6-position tubes are discontinued...

Feedback Score
    On a 7 position VLTOR A5 tube, the BCM Stock will collapse to the second hole position and lock in. It might over-travel just slightly and require a 'pull back' to seat in some cases, but we're talking ~.03" inch (depending on tolerances), not a half inch or something incredibly long.

A 6 position A5 tube will work just like any other receiver extension, of course.

As others have already noted, in order to take up the 'gap' at the front of the stock on a VLTOR A5 tube, the stock would either need more material on the front end (which would make it incompatible with regular mil-spec tubes) or would have to be longer in order to collapse further over the A5 tube. This would of course result in a longer LOP when collapsed or deployed. We opted to keep it shorter knowing that it's much easier to make a stock longer with accessories than it is to make it shorter. Shorter is also lighter, and once again, it's easier to make it heavier later!

Feedback Score
    56 (100%)
    Phreakish, thank you for the data - that's exactly what I wanted to know.

For my part, I'm aware that, as much deserved love as they get here, the A5 buffer systems are an "edge case" used by a relative few, and that there are millions of AR15s that will never have one. I can't fault BCM for making a short, light and compact stock designed to best fit the vast majority of rifles on the market, and look forward to trying one in person.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Either way, can't wait

Feedback Score
    Just checked BCM 's site this afternoon, new pics of the stock and a new title (not completely quoted): a year in development... Coming in October. This may narrow our wait time.

Feedback Score
    I handled it this past May. It's legit nice.
    Muzzle punch optional.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Just ordered one. I'll let y'all know what I think in a few days.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    come and get it you ravenous freaks

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-G...od-0-black.htm

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast