Thread: Pre-1986 Transferable Colt M16A2 (RO901) Eye Candy and Question

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    That is a very fine rifle sir...
    I'm jealous!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    This is also correct.
    Any truth to the stories Colt registered a bunch of serial numbers immediately before the 1986 ban and then used the serial numbers years later at which time the modern receiver reinforcements were in place?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    This is also correct.
    If I submitted a FOIA request, what would I look for to confirm that the manufacture date of the original rifle with this serial # predates the manufacture date of the "restamped" rifle with this serial #?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The cloak and dagger stuff is interesting, but that machine gun is AWESOME!!!

Congrats! I wish I had the coin to buy one.

Feedback Score
    Awesome rifle, I'm thinking it is a M-16A2E1 if that flat top is original. It could from the production run that Colt did for Army testing in 85.

Something that is throwing me for a loop; what type of compensator does it have? I can't tell from the pictures but I do notice that it doesn't have a 'peel able' shim washer. that washer played havoc with us when we were issued the A2. It looks like it has a modern crush washer. I'm also being thrown off by the forward assist.....don't know what it is but it just doesn't seem right. It has been a long time since I took apart an A2 so old age might be kicking in.....

Again, awesome rifle, congrats!
    Last edited by Smuckatelli; 05-28-14 at 14:29.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12