Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lancer Systems Translucent Mags

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Lancer Systems Translucent Mags

We recently received some test samples from Lancer Systems of thier new Translucent Magazines. These assemblies have been commisioned by Colt as a replacement for the current USGI stamped sheet metal ones. We questioned the deablility of this system because according to MAGPUL the PMAG was not produced in a translucent form for use other then training because it could not stand up to combat use. When this question was placed with Lancer they assured us we would not have any such issues.

Initial Impressions:
    The magazine compared to the PMAG does not feel as stout but compares to a USGI Magazine. The magazine incorporates a USGI type follower that in our opinon needs to go. The capacity is the same as USGI (A spec required by COLT) so you can only load 28 rounds if you want to facilitate a tac reload without having to slam the mag in. Lancer has informed us that the new "Non USGI" Magazine will correct the follower issues by utilizing a MAGPUL type anit tilt follower and also the capacity issue. The advantages of a translucesnt magazine are obvious so I don't think I need to waste yours or my time on the benefits.

How does it function? so far not a hic-up and has run just fine in HK416's both suppressed and un suppressed (Something USGI Mags unless brand new have issues with)

I will post more as we play with them.

Feedback Score
    I think you'll find the L5 to be up to the challenge. They have been out for a couple of months now, and people have been abusing them not only to test for durability, but perhaps with the sole intent of seeing how they compare to the PMAG

So far, so good. Not much in the way of negative feedback yet
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I enjoy mine!!

Feedback Score
    FYI the follower does differ from the standard USGI.
    Im Shihan of Shihan Gear.

Feedback Score
    Like 'em just try not to slather too much DEET on them, softens the plastic or so i have heard.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Amazingly enough, the instructions that come WITH the mag say that same thing.
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    damn - there goes my bright idea to use DEET as my go-to weapons and magazine feed lip lubricant.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

DEET?

Instructions like that are for the "Lowbrow" kinda like the sign above the urinal that says "Don't eat the big white mint"

Feedback Score
    Amazingly enough we sent some T&E out with the instructions and gave our standard overview...T&E was conducted and the mags were returned after they were done and yep the area around the feedlips were damaged due to DEET exposure...fired great but DEET impacts the feedlip area...when the box was opened (I wasn't there) there was a very strong odor...I can confirm that it wasnt just a casual exposure...anyway...we now know what we already knew...I guess this is what happens...we have tried to remain as open about it as possible...anyone ever read on the plastic issue canteen where it warns you not to expose to open flame...I thought that was needless...but now I understand...

Greg
    www.lancer-systems.com/html
    Home of the L5 Translucent Magazine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have four so far and am really liking them. Having the ability to count how many rounds in the magazine alleviated having to empty the mag and then reload it with the right number (for drills and such).

I am planning on buying a couple more and using them at the Vickers class mid-July.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast