Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Lightweight vs ELM barrels ? 14.5

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    +1 for the new profiled barrels for components, would like to see a med-lite stainless also

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The reason no one has done this before s because shooters are a conservative bunch and don't like change. When I first came on this site I wondered why no one made a sporter profile barrel for an AR but no one was willing to discuss it. Constant diameter LW barrels were the hot topic as I recall
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    After playing around with Gunz KMR/ELW rifle Im sold. This summer my Colt is getting a switch.

My only concern is how the ELW does with a heavy-ish suppressor.
    I thought the same thing, but remember Knights did with their heavy 556 can. It should be interesting.

I can't shoot short guns without suppressor. God made the 11.5 barrel so we could run cans! Kinda like he did with the whole rib thing.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I can't shoot short guns without suppressor. God made the 11.5 barrel so we could run cans! Kinda like he did with the whole rib thing.
    I used to feel the same way, but I just got done blasting away on my 11.5" (w/ A2 FH) and it was incredible. The gun feels so much more powerful when it's louder!
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The one thing I didn't notice until I watched the video above was the lack of a gas block shoulder on the ELW. Another one of those "why didn't I think of that?" items. Free weight reduction.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I used to feel the same way, but I just got done blasting away on my 11.5" (w/ A2 FH) and it was incredible. The gun feels so much more powerful when it's louder!
    I was halfway joshing. I used to run my noveske 11.5 with A5 and Battlecomp and it was very impressive. But for HD I'm serious. I might fall down after shooting my 11.5 in my bedroom.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yep. We know you don't like to fire loud guns with no Ear Pro on at least once per month.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Let it be stated that shooting a gun with no ear protection on will NOT make you deaf. Hold on , what did you say?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ive shot my fair share of guns indoors without earpro. I do have some hearing loss for sure but between multiple IEDs, a real close encounter with a rocket, a training accident using det cord where I lost 95 percent of my right eardrum and operating around a Bradley with its 25mm cannon...... I cant really pinpoint what caused it. HAHAHA
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pappabear likes to sound check Muzzle brakes. Most recently a MAC 50.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast