Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Reticle Options for LED ACOG

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Looks good, wish they would do the same on the TR24.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I really need to get an Acog....
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    awesome now make a 1-6x that doesn't suck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    What about the VCOG is so deficient as to earn your contempt. I appreciate that the factory mount is less than ideal. However, my understanding is that the glass is on par with Leupold, the illumination is daylight bright, controls are serviceable, etc. I suppose that it is on the heavy side, but not unreasonably so when you factor in the mount. I'm also thinking that Larue or another reputable company will come along with better mounting solutions.

I ask because I'm looking for an optic for my SCAR 17. Given that rifle's reputation for chewing optics and the volume that I plan to shoot, Trijicon was on my short list of manufacturers. My other option is to slap a CompM4 on it and call it a day since I have a couple spares and 3X FTS magnifiers.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    What about the VCOG is so deficient as to earn your contempt. I appreciate that the factory mount is less than ideal. However, my understanding is that the glass is on par with Leupold, the illumination is daylight bright, controls are serviceable, etc. I suppose that it is on the heavy side, but not unreasonably so when you factor in the mount. I'm also thinking that Larue or another reputable company will come along with better mounting solutions.

I ask because I'm looking for an optic for my SCAR 17. Given that rifle's reputation for chewing optics and the volume that I plan to shoot, Trijicon was on my short list of manufacturers. My other option is to slap a CompM4 on it and call it a day since I have a couple spares and 3X FTS magnifiers.
    Weight is one, no reason for it be as heavy as it is.

Price, yes I know its on par with many in the industry in that regard but its no Z6i or USO, it shouldn't have that price. I would consider it in the $1,000 price range, not its current market price.

Glass isn't bad, but its not top tier either. I expect top tier stuff from trijicon and the vcog disappoints in that regard.

The factory mount is junk, no way around that, why even include one if it sucks so bad?

Recticle is daytime bright, but limited choices ACOG's have a lot of reticles how about employing them in a 1-6 or 1-4 platform?

Speaking of which, why couldn't they take their 1-4x optics and add acog reticles? I'd have one.

I eye-****ed one on a few occasions and they weren't impressive enough to the point I would absolutely need one. I've owned dozens of trijicon products and have been happy with their performance, I just think they shit the bed on this one by trying to get in the market quickly.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    That "sucky" optic might just win the big Army contract.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just wish the vcog had mrad markings.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well isn't that just great. Just a few months after I get my TA02 they come out with green illum and different reticles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    Well isn't that just great. Just a few months after I get my TA02 they come out with green illum and different reticles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks. I've been wanting one for a long time but have been holding off just for this reason. Maybe what you need is another rifle??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast