Thread: Steel Targets: Tac Strike vs. LE

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Steel Targets: Tac Strike vs. LE

I'm looking to purchase a steel target to add to the mix on my trips to the range. After reading a lot of the treads here on this topic I've narrowed my choices down to these 2:

Tac Strike 1/4 Scale Steel Target System

http://tacstrike.com/STEEL-TARGETS/1...et-System.html

Law Enforcement Targets MS-CP COMPLETE MIL-SPEC TARGET

https://www.letargets.com/estylez_it...em=MS-CP+STOCK

I'd be interested to hear specifics about anyone's experience with either of these target systems. One of my biggest considerations is portability as I'll have to take them home with me after each range visit. Any other input or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Those both look like pretty nice targets. I've collected quite a few simple disk targets from ShootSteel.com. These are very reasonably priced, shipping is lightning fast, and they work great. I have some 5" and 8" disks that I hang on shepherd's crooks (from Home Depot). Totally portable and indestructible. The kids like repainting them with different colors and patterns. I realize that this is not exactly the target you had in mind, but the price is way better and they are easy to transport. Just another idea to consider. By the way, steel is amazing fun and great for training- once you start, you'll be hooked on the instant auditory feedback and will leave paper for zeroing. Good luck!

http://www.shootsteel.com/3-8-ar500-...rget-5-static/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Steel disks/gongs of various sizes that swing freely are a far better choice than stand-up targets. I have a tac strike target and while I feel like it wasn't a bad investment, I haven't taken it out in a year. I shoot steel gongs almost every week.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I just ordered the Tac Strike 1/4 a couple weeks back. Got notification that it's shipped.

I went with the TS because I've shot so many of them over and over in Iowa over the years. In fact i got hold of the host of the classes to see what brand it was he was running and this, of course, was it.
    He estimated that with the classes he's taught the ones ran up there have handled easily over 50k of rifle and pistol. I know I and my friends have certainly put a fair amount of ammo into them. I know
    they've accepted a fair number of .30 cal hits at varying distances. At least one of my friends was running a SCAR 17S the first class. Just be prepared for a 2 week lead time on shipping.

Flip side I've been happy with LE Targets service over the years.

couple piece of advice to impart. No matter what, always buy rifle rated steel. No matter if it'll ever see a rifle round or not. I've got a steel Q target from LE Targets that has a permanent bow set into it from impacts. I can't even get it to flatten out under an industrial press. The second piece of advice. Flip your steel and shoot alternating sides each range session.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor