Thread: Ruger Launches a New Series in the American Line

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What is the draw to bolt action 300BLK in 16.12" barrel vs an AR 16.5"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    What is the draw to bolt action 300BLK in 16.12" barrel vs an AR 16.5"
    Less expensive. No mag block or chopped mag for hunting (state specific). No functional concerns for subs unsuppressed, etc.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    They are also quieter--no action moving or noise coming out of the action.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Friend received his .300 BLK and did a show & tell at the range yesterday. Didn't have a chance to shoot-it, friggin rain like a cow pissing on a rock. The three lug-blot is interesting, the 1st lift is to about 70 degrees and the 2nd opens the bolt. For sure it doesn't feel natural to someone who is use to shorter actions. Even my Win 70 action is shorter than the Ruger.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Any updates on these Ranch 300 BLK rifles? The local store has them for $389 and I've been thinking about getting one lately. Also, who is reloading this cartridge? Favorite loads? Hunting loads?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Friend received his .300 BLK and did a show & tell at the range yesterday. Didn't have a chance to shoot-it, friggin rain like a cow pissing on a rock. The three lug-blot is interesting, the 1st lift is to about 70 degrees and the 2nd opens the bolt. For sure it doesn't feel natural to someone who is use to shorter actions. Even my Win 70 action is shorter than the Ruger.

Just a heads up for anyone looking to purchase a ranch 300blk. A buddy and I both purchased the rifle off of GB last week. Mine came in this week and no problems. Got it dressed out with the Nikon 2x7 with the 300blk bdc reticle. However, my buddy picked his up today and after checking the gun out we realized it was not correct. It was chambered .223. Serial # and box both marked 300blk but barrel was .223. Called the seller and they said they'd already had 4 calls from buyers with the same issue. Moral of the story is have the seller open the box and check before shipping, or put your hands on it at LGS before buying to verify. I couldn't find any locally, hence the GB purchase.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M67A2 Zippo Tank View Post
    I wish they'd make a .357 magnum Mini-14 that used thirty round magazines, too.

Wouldn't that be half the fun of 7.62 X 39 at the same price or more?

Feedback Score

Ruger Launches a New Series in the American Line

Picked one up at our LGS for $350.

Any extended magazine options available?
    Doesn't look like Ruger is offering anything but the stock 5 rounder.
    Last edited by pcauwels; 05-29-15 at 08:08.

Feedback Score
    Would it really be all that useful or helpful to have a 10 rounder in a Bolt gun?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456