Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Launches a New Series in the American Line

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Hmmmmmm I see a new Coyote rig in my future......

Ruger Predator American + Vortex Viper 2.5-10x44 + surefire mini can = sweetness

Feedback Score
    When I zeroed in my brother's 243 Ruger American....I just mounted his 3x9x40 scope, borsighted it and put 4 in the mag and shot a group. So I guess it was a 4 shot group! LOL

Shot it from a bench with my 12" Harris bi-pod on the front sling stud.

Seriously...the first 4 shots out of the bore-sighted 243 American was about an inch across and 2" high at 100yds. I waited and dialed it down to where it was hitting about an inch high at 100yds and called it good. For fun after sighting it in....I took some Winchester 100gr Power Point Wal Mart ammo that I had for my old 243 Savage 99 and ran some through the Ruger American and the groups really did not open up much more. They hit a little higher but still a respectable group for cheapo Wal Mart ammo!

Yeah...I think Ruger has a real winner on its hands with this rifle. For the money....the damn thing shoots really well.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    http://www.ruger.com/products/americ...ch/models.html

States rotary mag, which is fine. See how well it works out, looks great. I hope they make it in 6.8 one day.
    That would be awesome. Been wanting a 6.8 bolt gun.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have one in 308 and it is a very good shooter. One of these shorter versions in .223 is interesting....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It looks like the 300BLK might finally be shipping. I've got my fingers crossed.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=452837684
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    It looks like the 300BLK might finally be shipping. I've got my fingers crossed.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=452837684
    I bought one from this seller last week for $399. Just impatiently waiting for it to ship to my FFl for pickup.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A user on TOS just got his. He's posted a few photos over there. And a few others are saying they have rifles ordered through dealers.

I've had one on order through my dealer since the model was announced but he hasn't received anything yet...
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I picked up my Ruger American Ranch in .300 blackout on Wednesday. I had a Pride Fowler Evolution BLK that I bought last year that I put on it. I just have to get to the range to try it out now.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looks sweet. Can't wait for the range report.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    http://ruger.com/products/americanRi...or/models.html

Note the threaded muzzle and the section of Picatinny rail atop the receiver. I'm particularly pleased to see the 1x8 twist on the .223 Remington.

I played with an American in 30-06 a few years ago. While I generally have a hard time getting too excited about a rather pedestrian hunting rifle, the gun shot surprisingly well. I think the platform really shows some serious potential.

The 30-06 is arguably THE best all-round hunting rifle round made. I have a Winchester in this round and wouldn't trade it for anything. It's probably more versitale then most anything else.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast