Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aero Precision Barrels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Aero Precision Barrels

What's the word on Aero's barrels? Are they worth buying for a budget build?

Doc Williams
    U.S. Army Combat Medic/Flight Medic Retired
    1987 - 2013
    Flight Medic Class 4-95

http://www.dustoff.org/

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Which barrel in specific? AP list their Chrome Moly barrels as being MPI and HP tested. However they also list these barrels as having a "mil-spec" coating. The problem with this claim is that QPQ is a heat treatment in high-temperature salt baths, not a coating. Also, chrome lining is the only mil-spec coating out there according to the technical data package. AP is hurting its credibility by claiming something is mil-spec when it technically isn't as well as incorrectly listing QPQ as a coating.

I wouldn't say it is an inferior barrel. If AP had these barrels lead-lapped prior to QPQ than they would be a hell of a deal. For the price it isn't a bad option.

Feedback Score

Doc Williams
    U.S. Army Combat Medic/Flight Medic Retired
    1987 - 2013
    Flight Medic Class 4-95

http://www.dustoff.org/

Feedback Score
    Not saying they're bad but if it's the QPQ treatment you're after, You may want to check out Ballistic Advantage as well.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'd be interested in hearing from people who've used these, too.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have one of the AP 10.5" barrels coming, not sure when I'll get it built up and shoot it though. In the pics it looks very much like the BA barrels, and I've read that BA makes them but I have no idea if that is true or not.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not to derail the thread, but has anyone had any experience with their BCG's? The specs checked out, and they are priced at $125. I'm thinking it would make a cost effective back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I got a BCG along with their complete upper. As far as I can tell it's unmarked, other than MPI on the bolt. Machining is nice on the outside, a little rough on the inside. It's staked, maybe a little more than I would. NiB seems pretty good.

For some reason now that I took it apart the firing pin retainer doesn't want to go back in.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
    I got a BCG along with their complete upper. As far as I can tell it's unmarked, other than MPI on the bolt. Machining is nice on the outside, a little rough on the inside. It's staked, maybe a little more than I would. NiB seems pretty good.

For some reason now that I took it apart the firing pin retainer doesn't want to go back in.
    Thanks for the report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure this barrel is more accurate than I am. Anyway, went out to the range again today. Just using a bipod (no sandbag/rest/etc).

55 gr wolf gold (M193 clone again)

Fiocchi 69 gr (oops @ flyer). It started off quite well. Not sure what caused the vertical inconsistency - probably just me sucking.

I tried some of my 77 gr Fiocchi but it wasn't worth showing. I'm pretty sure I just shot like shit.
    Last edited by abso; 10-11-14 at 20:51.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast