Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SLR Rifleworks Sentry 7 setscrew adjustable gas block review

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thanks for the feedback. Good to see it's performing well.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Just updating my rounds through the SLR gas block. I have not hit 1000 suppressed rounds with it yet like I talked about, but I'm at a total round count of 700 ish. And about 350 suppressed over the last few weeks. No failures or issues so far. Im waiting to clean the rifle and adjust the gas block after a higher suppressed round count to see if Ill be able to adjust it/tightness of screw, etc. Gun was clean and lubed from the start and have only lubed the BCG since. Have not adjusted the GB since I got it dialed in. I'm going to see if next weekend I can run it a little harder.
    I put one on a Sionics 11.5 CL that I've been running suppressed for a couple of months now and wanted to do the same thing. Set the GB on day one to run suppressed only and have been feeding it 55gr FMJBT/Benchmark and 69gr SMK/TAC exclusively and just crossed the 1500rd mark this past weekend. Hadn't moved the setscrew since it was set and when I got back to the house I went a click open that was met with a little resistance. After that it was smooth sailing for one more click open and two clicks back closed. My Syrac Gen 1 had much more resistance after ~1000rds although not to the point of being stuck or stripping the screw.

All in all the Sentry 7 is exceeding my expectations. Such an easy and funtional solution.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanCrothers View Post
    I put one on a Sionics 11.5 CL that I've been running suppressed for a couple of months now and wanted to do the same thing. Set the GB on day one to run suppressed only and have been feeding it 55gr FMJBT/Benchmark and 69gr SMK/TAC exclusively and just crossed the 1500rd mark this past weekend. Hadn't moved the setscrew since it was set and when I got back to the house I went a click open that was met with a little resistance. After that it was smooth sailing for one more click open and two clicks back closed. My Syrac Gen 1 had much more resistance after ~1000rds although not to the point of being stuck or stripping the screw.

All in all the Sentry 7 is exceeding my expectations. Such an easy and funtional solution.
    That's good news! Thanks for the info. Im glad they don't get so carbon fouled that they prevent the moment of the adjustment screw. Guess I can go clean my rifle now.. Ill still go shoot it some more and report back.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Update.

Still loving my sentry 7. I recently saw on SLR's instapicture account that they have debuted a new adjustment screw design, made from a stronger steel, with better heat treat and an even better finish. The instructions stated that one just needed to send a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) to their office and, if you're a current owner of a sentry series block, they'll send you a free improved screw.

So, I says to myself, send an envelope. I enclosed a note politely requesting same. This was on Monday. Today, Wednesday, I received an envelope with more screws than I asked for, along with some sticker swag.

The new screw fits even more tightly, but not too tight, than the original screw. The head is also reinforced.

It's a simple, and inexpensive gesture...... but an effective one nonetheless.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'll echo Buford T on this one! I think we've installed like 10 recently and all are performing flawlessly. The new screw is excellent. These are the only guys to buy an AGB from.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I have now over 1500 through my BCM 11.5 with SLR. No issues. Works well. One thing I have been diligent about is not tipping the upper upside down while running cleaners and solvents through the bore. I didn't want to have some fireclean or something get into it. But it has been a solid performer. I have not changed this rifle over to an A5 system yet as with tuning the gas down I feel fixes the issue suppressed and is a super soft shooter with carbine spring and H2. Yet to put one on my Go-to 11.5 BCM, but running an A5H4 and E-carrier seems to help it out. Still little over gassed with the suppressor on. Would go back down to an A5H2 with an SLR, if anyone who wants to donate one, I'm open for it
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 05-22-15 at 11:03.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    I'll echo Buford T on this one! I think we've installed like 10 recently and all are performing flawlessly. The new screw is excellent. These are the only guys to buy an AGB from.
    Yeah, the dimensions are just bang on. Much like Clint's low pro gas block from Black River Tactical, both of which for nice and tight to the gas block journal.

I'm looking for an excuse to try that Ti AGB. Maybe A new barrel, lol.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    You know that new barrel will cost you. That gas block. Upper. Hand guard. Muzzle device. Irons. Optic. Etc..

Sounds like a 2000 dollar end product. I hate it when new parts that come out end up costing thousands of dollars.

Is the Ti supposed to just be just a minimal weight savings? Or does the Ti have any benifit other then weight. I thought the Melonite was as good as it gets..
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    You know that new barrel will cost you. That gas block. Upper. Hand guard. Muzzle device. Irons. Optic. Etc..

Sounds like a 2000 dollar end product. I hate it when new parts that come out end up costing thousands of dollars.

Is the Ti supposed to just be just a minimal weight savings? Or does the Ti have any benifit other then weight. I thought the Melonite was as good as it gets..
    The Ti has about half the thermal coefficient of expansion of barrel steel. So, as you heat the gun up, the gas seal actually improves between the gas block and the barrel.

EDIT: I wouldn't ditch my current Sentry 7 in melonited steel for a Ti sentry 7, but I would consider it for a new build where weight was a concern. There aren't many weight saving parts that actually INCREASE reliability over the original part.
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 05-23-15 at 08:57.

Feedback Score
    Well I thought I would resurrect a dead thread. I have ordered a Titanium version and am waiting on it to place on a White Oak barrel. This is a total new build that will run primarily suppressed. I had emailed a quick question to them on clearance prior to ordering after business hours and was blown away by a response from Todd off his cell email that night. Customer service has reached a new high!!! Reports when complete to follow. Will be running it with a JP Silent Captured Spring and fail zero BCG.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast