Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: SLR Rifleworks Sentry 7 setscrew adjustable gas block review

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockman1968 View Post
    So for a guy with one do it all rifle, would you guys recommend an adjustable? Got a gassy 16" middie barrel that I've tamed as much as possible with an A5 system...-4 buffer and Sprinco green. Concerned it may be a failure point adding complexity where there wasn't before.
    I would not tend to, I would prefer to find an adequate base barrel with a more conservative port.

Feedback Score
    That's what I was thinking as well. Appreciate in input.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have two SLR adjustable blocks. One on a Faxon 18" carbine pushing a JP steel low-mass carrier with A5 system - clearly a game gun - and the second on my 20" rifle pushing a BCM carrier with standard rifle buffer that I shoot suppressed. I am currently building a 16" game gun that will not receive an adjustable gas block even though that's really an appropriate application. I am just not sold on them as I've had the SLR blocks freeze up. Do they break free? Yeah, with a good amount of force using an appropriate L-shaped key since I can't get enough torque with the small torx driver I carry in my pack. It's a nuisance to deal with and outside of the suppressed rifle I'm likely not gaining much from it.
    Last edited by OrbitalE; 09-12-16 at 02:35.

Feedback Score
    Thank you sir. I'm attempting to keep this rifle as KISS as possible.

Feedback Score
    I just picked up two (2) from Capitol Armory. When I received them, the flat spring is black. From a bunch of internet research it would appear I got either Gen 1 or Gen 2. Should I be concerned? What is the difference between the different generations?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    I would not tend to, I would prefer to find an adequate base barrel with a more conservative port.
    Do these exist anywhere? I for one wish someone offered a variety of barrel lengths with buyer selected port diameters.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalE View Post
    I have two SLR adjustable blocks. One on a Faxon 18" carbine pushing a JP steel low-mass carrier with A5 system - clearly a game gun - and the second on my 20" rifle pushing a BCM carrier with standard rifle buffer that I shoot suppressed. I am currently building a 16" game gun that will not receive an adjustable gas block even though that's really an appropriate application. I am just not sold on them as I've had the SLR blocks freeze up. Do they break free? Yeah, with a good amount of force using an appropriate L-shaped key since I can't get enough torque with the small torx driver I carry in my pack. It's a nuisance to deal with and outside of the suppressed rifle I'm likely not gaining much from it.
    Current gen gas blocks are not designed to be "toggled" between gas positions with any degree of regularity. Why, may I ask, are you changing gas settings so frequently?

Also, when you DO toggle gas settings, you're breaking apart that beneficial carbon build-up that actually helps develop a near perfect gas seal inside the gas block.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Do these exist anywhere? I for one wish someone offered a variety of barrel lengths with buyer selected port diameters.
    On the first point. For some uses, options out of the box exist. For a few more uses, more options exist when modifying another base barrel works as well. Going beyond that can mean working a blank for that. Great idea, but unfortunate low demand. Triggering market demand has always been difficult, even when the obvious plays out.
    On the second point. You could have an excellent package, but most informed users would expect less than stellar performance from that. The base consumers (and many manufactures) simply do not have the base needed to make this workable in a profitable situation. How could you throw all of the variables involved to a mostly uninformed manufacturer AND adding more requirements by a lesser informed consumer? How would that play out for a company that wants to keep its doors open? It's hard enough for a top tier company to stay on top of things with mostly good natured users given the crap that the market offers now in excess. The crap extends far beyond common items like ammunition.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    Good Plan.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Do these exist anywhere?

I for one wish someone offered a variety of barrel lengths with buyer selected port diameters.
    One needs to look carefully to find conservatively ported barrels, but they do exist.

If not, the next best thing is our MicroTune Gas Blocks with buyer selected gas port inserts.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314