Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SLR Rifleworks Sentry 7 setscrew adjustable gas block review

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    No problem... I'm the same. I have to get help with pics of stuff.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    No problem... I'm the same. I have to get help with pics of stuff.
    I would be lying if I didn't say that I deleted about twice as many as I posted in the thread. Lots of cursing when I take pictures. Lots of cursing.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    anyone able to give the pros/cons of this vs the syrac?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'd love to get one, but the Syrac is on the only gun I have that needs one. I'm happy with the Syrac, but this one looks good too. I'm guessing that flat spring presses a detent onto an octagonal surface of the gas flow screw...?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'd love to get one, but the Syrac is on the only gun I have that needs one. I'm happy with the Syrac, but this one looks good too. I'm guessing that flat spring presses a detent onto an octagonal surface of the gas flow screw...?
    You are correct. The screw has a triangular detent pattern (120 degree increments).
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wow! 120 degrees seems like a lot. 360 on the Syrac openned my gun up like crazy on Saturday.. and I had brass boinking out a 1 o'clock. I'll be interested to see if that give you a degree of fine tuning. I guess the thread pitch will dictate that... or the shape of the gas restriction device

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Wow! 120 degrees seems like a lot. 360 on the Syrac openned my gun up like crazy on Saturday.. and I had brass boinking out a 1 o'clock. I'll be interested to see if that give you a degree of fine tuning. I guess the thread pitch will dictate that... or the shape of the gas restriction device
    There are 15 settings, so I guess the adjustment could be coarse compared to some blocks. I am pairing altering buffer weight along with gas setting to get the recoil characteristics I want (along with 100% reliability). The adjustment screw has very clean and relatively deep threads for a fastener of its size.

The detent sits fairly deep into the screw's grooves. I can see this as the leaf spring is pushed out when I turn it. It's part of what makes it so rugged and supposedly immune to any tendency to "self adjust".

The gas adjustment plug that protrudes into the hot gas flow is conical (like a large pin detent for your fire control selector).
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 05-22-14 at 13:55.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It will be interesting to see. The Syrac isn't a fine tune device. Bumping mine up or down just one position and it's starting to get away from optimal quickly.

Feedback Score
    It will be interesting to see. The Syrac isn't a fine tune device. Bumping mine up or down just one position and it's starting to get away from optimal quickly.
    Mine seems pretty fine as far as adjustment can't tell much of a difference with one click and 2 is not drastic.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    No experience with the Syrac, only SLR. An obvious advantage of the SLR is that only a 2mm Allen wrench is needed for adjustment, unlike the Syrac, which needs an Allen wrench and another tool to depress the spring loaded projection which I presume locks the adjustment screw.
    Over on BE.com, the SLR gets higher marks than the Syrac, FWIW, as some people report that the Syrac has a tendency to freeze its adjustability after a lot of rounds, but no report of that happening with the SLR.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast