Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SLR Rifleworks Sentry 7 setscrew adjustable gas block review

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    Sorry guys...I know thread pitch ultimately determines the ability to fine tune. I meant to say that going off the assumption that these 2 blocks look like the threads are 10-32 (i.e. All things being equal).

Markm,

We're u able to get a fine enough adjustment?

BufordT,

Did the SLR leave you wanting a slightly finer setting?

Thanks!
    Well, I'm not done tuning yet. I think going too fine can cause one to ride the gas setting too close to the ragged edge. Having 15 settings allows you to find the setting that works 100% and then go up one click and know you have some decent margin for function when dry or dirty.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Well, I'm not done tuning yet. I think going too fine can cause one to ride the gas setting too close to the ragged edge. Having 15 settings allows you to find the setting that works 100% and then go up one click and know you have some decent margin for function when dry or dirty.

Agreed. I'll be interested to hear. Your review was great! Until now, I hadn't seen another AGB that I was interested in save for the Syrac.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Agreed. I'll be interested to hear. Your review was great! Until now, I hadn't seen another AGB that I was interested in save for the Syrac.
    The Syrac is the only other block I would consider. From what I can gather, it is of excellent quality. I just kinda slid right into this SLR block with them being local and me having a slight preference for their design.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    The Syrac is the only other block I would consider. From what I can gather, it is of excellent quality. I just kinda slid right into this SLR block with them being local and me having a slight preference for their design.

Roger that. I was on the Syrac until you reviewed the SLR. Thanks!
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Roger that. I was on the Syrac until you reviewed the SLR. Thanks!
    Np. I add what info I can to the community. Should be able to get out this Friday to test for the A5H3 buffer. Also have an A5H1 coming from Vltor. It's due on Friday as well. I have enough weights to turn it into an A5H2 if the need arises.

Feedback Score
    I'm trying one of these out in a few weeks on a similar build. Sounds like a good choice so far.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Markm,

We're u able to get a fine enough adjustment?
    Absolutely. My barrel was so absurdly over gassed, anything would have been an improvement. But yeah... after settling in, and getting some rounds through it, I'm about perfectly gassed on this thing.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Absolutely. My barrel was so absurdly over gassed, anything would have been an improvement. But yeah... after settling in, and getting some rounds through it, I'm about perfectly gassed on this thing.
    Ok. That's good to hear. I just wasn't sure from a couple things you said earlier in this thread. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Ok. That's good to hear. I just wasn't sure from a couple things you said earlier in this thread. Thanks!
    Yeah... The thing is a life saver. It was just weird the first time I took it out... Seemed like one position change totally changed the gun. But it settled in at a perfect setting. I'd buy this again in a minute. No doubt.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    FYI, in approx a week SLR gas blocks will have a nitride finish.
    Last edited by Biggy; 05-28-14 at 11:53.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast