Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finished my build around a Sionics Barrel today

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas Bob View Post
    Apparently a fixed stock on a carbine is interesting because someone has asked about it each time I have had it out.
    A while back, I aquired a police trade-in Colt 6520 (pencil barrel) with an A2 rifle stock. Looked bad, felt bad, just not right. Quickly sent the A2 to the parts bin and replaced with a carbine RE and stock.

However, with the medium-weight barrel and longer handguard accompanying the Magpul stock, yours looks much better balanced. . . and feels better balanced, too, I would presume.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't even think an A2 stock belongs on an A2. At 6'2" I find them just a little too long. I had another middy with an ACE skeleton stock once and I really liked that gun as well. The MOE is a little heavier but I find it superior.

The gun balances and points very well. Only downside so far is I can't put it in my shortest case

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas Bob View Post
    I don't even think an A2 stock belongs on an A2. At 6'2" I find them just a little too long. I had another middy with an ACE skeleton stock once and I really liked that gun as well. The MOE is a little heavier but I find it superior.

The gun balances and points very well. Only downside so far is I can't put it in my shortest case
    Try the MOE fixed carbine stock. I'm 6'3" and love it. I'm looking forward for updates on accuracy or lack of. Hows it handle 55gr?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rokkman View Post
    I'm looking forward for updates on accuracy or lack of. Hows it handle 55gr?
    So far it exceeds expectations. My bulk 55gr handloads group really well. When I get some time I'll load of some vmax's with benchmark and 8208, I've always had great accuracy with those loads.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I'm likewise interested in the barrel's accuracy potential. If this barrel can hold to 2 MOA with Sierra Match Kings, I'll be in the market for one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice build. Ive neen looking into scionics more and more here lately

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    One of the officers from Flagstaff who has one shot a 5 shot 1 MOA group the other day with BH MK 262 MOD1. Last week when we did a demo in GA for the agency who is buying 25 suppressed SBR's from us, they were able to shoot a group just over 1 MOA with their 55gr. duty load.

One must recognize that these aren't match barrels and weren't designed that way. Any AR that can shoot sub 2 MOA and are RELIABLE with a cross section of ammo is a winner. One has to look at the complete picture- price, specs, and intended use.

Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I'm likewise interested in the barrel's accuracy potential. If this barrel can hold to 2 MOA with Sierra Match Kings, I'll be in the market for one.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Nice build, I love the sleek profile!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffemt View Post
    Nice build, I love the sleek profile!
    Thank you. The more I shoot it the more I'm liking it, shot another 80 flawless rounds through it today. Shot some of my 77gr matchking handloads through it. 5 shots right at an inch with the 10x on it.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    One of the officers from Flagstaff who has one shot a 5 shot 1 MOA group the other day with BH MK 262 MOD1. Last week when we did a demo in GA for the agency who is buying 25 suppressed SBR's from us, they were able to shoot a group just over 1 MOA with their 55gr. duty load.

One must recognize that these aren't match barrels and weren't designed that way. Any AR that can shoot sub 2 MOA and are RELIABLE with a cross section of ammo is a winner. One has to look at the complete picture- price, specs, and intended use.
    Just picked up a new Patrol 1 upper w/ BCG for $340 new and I feel like i just stole something! Sionics is by far the best quality for value around. Thank You IG!
    M4C needs to start stringing in "Sionics" among "BCM, Colt, DD, etc" when recommending AR companies that are built right. Seriously you guys are now my first recommendation to someone looking for their first AR or on a budget.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast