Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PA may be the next to fall

Feedback Score

Exclamation PA may be the next to fall

From the Times Herald Where Rob McCord, Katie McGinty, Allyson Schwartz and Tom Wolf stand on the issues, ( although we now know Tom Wolf won the democrat nod for governor) Pennsylvania Democratic Gubernatorial Primary Debate, Thursday, May 8, 2014, in Philadelphia
    "GUN RIGHTS

All four candidates would sign legislation to enact universal background checks, ban sales of assault weapons, require that gun owners report lost or stolen guns and grant municipalities the ability to enact gun control ordinances.

McCord and Schwartz would sign legislation to limit the number of handguns that one person could buy in an effort to deter straw purchases. McGinty would not sign legislation to limit handgun purchases. Wolf wouldn’t say whether he would sign that legislation."

http://www.timesherald.com/general-n...-on-the-issues

Not only do they plan a "Assault weapon ban" They would grant municipalities the ability to enact gun control ordinances, which I take it to mean IF you travel in PA, what is legal in one township or countyh maybe illegal in another.And with the recent Ban on DOMA in PA I dont see any constitutionality from our state legislators or Judicial system. Also take into consideration Tom Corbertt has the lowest approval rating of all governors. and is failing in the polls.
    PA is in danger of becoming NY. NJ and CT, grave danger, and I dont see any gun owners standing up to fight like they should.
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 05-22-14 at 03:49.
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I agree that this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed BUT, as far as the democratic candidates, Wolf is the best of the group.
    Also, PA has always been a largely democratic run state that has been noted for staying away from gun control.
    I suggest that we start firing off letters and emails to our representatives.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I don't know, things are different this time. Ever since Obama didn't get his way with gun control, Every democrat has pushed for the same thing, limiting to 10 rounds, banning assault weapons and I haven't heard any different from Wolf. I agree we need to write letters and emails, but its got to be more than just a couple guys on a gun forum There's lots of gun owners who vote democrat in Pa and don't see their rights as being threatened. much less care about black rifles

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 05-22-14 at 07:11.
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I agree.
    I was at the NRA show in Harrisburg and a guy walked by our stand and said out loud, "There's no reason to own a gun like that".
    I put chills down my spine that a guy at an NRA show said this.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I was at the NRA show in Harrisburg and a guy walked by our stand and said out loud, "There's no reason to own a gun like that".
    The retort that comes to mind:

"Well sir, then you should have no problem being refused service if you decide later that you want one."

-or-

"We don't sell guns like this to people like you."
    Last edited by GunBugBit; 05-22-14 at 10:50.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    PA has some ****ed up laws and people. Some of the complete shit explanations and things I have heard have boggled my mind up here. Even run into shit at some gun clubs who want to have more restrictive rules than NYC as to what you can shoot even one banning more than 3 rounds per mag. What is baffling is that I have seen more gun clubs here than in other states that I have lived in. I live within 15 minutes of like five, and within 30 minutes I think I can get up to 10-12 including the public ranges. They have some of the largest trap shoots in the country with the PA state shoot rivaling the National shoot. There are a lot of pro gun people, but as has already been said there are a lot of gun owners who will vote Dem in a heart beat and have run into several who will spout that same shit as the Dems. "You don't need that!" "There is no need for semi auto." "If you allow semi auto rifles for hunting people will be getting shot left and right." (Sure just like in every other state where semi auto is legal. And what about semi auto shotguns that are legal here? A lot of people getting shot? No. but they will still get pissed about you bringing it up) "ARs/AKs/ect are only for killing children/babies/ect." And then there are more. Of course I have also run into people who are more paranoid and nutty than the Dems who were pro gun up here. And there are a lot of people who could use a good reading of the state and federal gun laws and what things actually mean and what is actually legal, the cops included to some degree at times.

Would be a nice idea of focus on the big cities since most of your democratic base are in the big cities up here with a lot of the rural areas being pretty staunch Republican. I live about two hours from Philly and an hour from Allentown and Harrisburg and I rarely see anti gun or pro Dem bumperstickers unless I am actually in the city and driving around my AO I do see a shit ton of NRA and gun stickers so there is hope. Still need to stay on the top of things though and educate people.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    I don't think both state houses are going to fall far enough into Democrat hands for them to enact any new gun control legislation, if the Dems even take any majority at all. Things seem worse in Philadelphia and Harrisburg, but anywhere outside of those cities and the immediate suburbs is pretty red and pretty pro gun. I'm only about 45 minutes north of Philly and it's a pretty gun friendly area even here. PA is fine for now.

Also remember, like the president, the governor's opinion doesn't mean squat, and this is not yet a deep blue state. In NY, CT, CA, etc, the Dems could declare a day honoring Hitler celebrated by the mandatory eating of babies and they'd still win with 99% of the vote. PA is still a swing state, and votes, especially at for state and local government, still count. Thus, both parties have to be careful in what they try to pass. I don't think the Democrats will really try to ram through an AWB at this time if by some miracle they get a supermajority in the legislation.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 05-22-14 at 11:29.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Pittsburgh is another Anti city. Philly is the worst I went to a rally in Harrisburg Last year to protest cease fire, lets just say I was the only one from Philly who was pro gun

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    There are plenty of pro-gun people in PA (all guns, not just cuddly friendly looking ones) but it does not pay to let our guard down. We are a target for lots of folks with piles of money and political horsepower from within and outside the Commonwealth. Keep your eyes and ears open and stay in touch with your legislators.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I agree.
    I put chills down my spine that a guy at an NRA show said this.
    Why does he need an elephant gun, then? Any elephants in South Philly?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast