Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PA may be the next to fall

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    And before the OP breaks out the cyanide pills, the Republicans control both houses in PA, the House by a substantial margin.
    I was going with arsenic actually
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    The good thing is that the majority of the fudds are the "softcore" variety. They only like the "old stuff" and "gentleman's" guns and get REAL snotty with anyone who owns an AR or any pistol made of polymer. However, they are still mostly conservative and libertarian types who still strongly oppose any further gun legislation if for no other reason than they don't want any more government interference in anything. They may not give a damn about semi-auto rifles and 10+ round magazines, and they may even look down on those of us who do, but when push comes to shove, they still tend to side with us. The fudds who actively support an AWB or universal checks are actually becoming fewer and fewer I've found.
    Yeah I get a couple snotty guys at one range I shoot at, and its outside of Philly. I actually had a Vietnam vet tell me My rifle jams a lot cause his did in Nam and that it was just a weapon for war, blah blah blah. I just smiled and bit my tongue.
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    You see, this is something I never understood. How is one gun more more cuddly than the other? I mean sure a high gloss stock with royal bluing is pretty, but my BCM with ACOG, DD rail, and Scout light is just as pretty in it's own way, and I promise you it gets handled and loved on a hell of a lot more than some 20K showpiece. If people want to consider rap music than I consider my BCM a work of high art.
    No doubt. That street seems to only run one way. I can admire an heirloom piece for the craftsmanship even though I would never consider owning one. On the other hand, I have offered to allow a Fudd to shoot one of my ARs to understand what an ergonomic and easy platform it is to shoot. I explained that I would consider hunting with one even if it were limited so a singe shot in the mag due to the ergonomics and how well it stands up to the elements. You can imagine the response I got.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    PA will be fine, even with Wolf. We survived 8 years of Fast Eddie, who was more anti-gun than even Wolf, and we will still hold both houses in the legislature, the house itself by a big margin.

PA will be fine. It won't fall. It won't progress forward for 8 years either, though. :\

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    PA will be fine, even with Wolf. We survived 8 years of Fast Eddie, who was more anti-gun than even Wolf, and we will still hold both houses in the legislature, the house itself by a big margin.

PA will be fine. It won't fall. It won't progress forward for 8 years either, though. :\
    Agreed. Fast Eddie was this state's answer to Michael Bloomberg or Mumbles Menino, that is, he was very active in his quest for gun control, and he failed. Most Dems, after last year's failure to pass another national AWB and the current opposition in most states that did, are only going to pay lip service to any further bans.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Ohio doesn't look so bad now eh boys?

Our gun laws have been improving for some time now. Come on over, the water is fine!

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Cool

Ohio:
    Yuengling's last stop before Indiana

Feedback Score
    PA still has some of the best gun laws in the country. There are a lot of Fuds in this state, but nothing ever changes. I live near Cabelas, and the gun area always packed. People are mostly looking at modern hand guns and AR rifles. Hopefully the old "hunters" idea of what you need is going away. In central Pa, guns are a part of growing up. How does it look to keep the house and senate?

Feedback Score
    What we need to do is get rid of the ban on semi auto rifles for hunting and nuke Fuddism to oblivion. Is there someone in the NRA or similar who has a formulated solution to convert Fudds? Can American Hunter and other magazines that they listen to run articles telling to get with the program already? I don't know why this hasn't been a priority for the last decade.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    There is a bill right now to allow varmint hunting with semi autos. Also, I don't think LaPierre really cares about hunting with AR's. Most of those magazines are run by fudds.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast