Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for small fixed blade with decent sheath

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Looking for small fixed blade with decent sheath

I want to play around with support side aiwb carry of a fixed blade. I am not a big guy so thinking something the size of a mini pentagon. Problem is I am looking for something that has a decent sheath and is easily obtainable and not over the top in cost (under $150, under $75 optimal). Also looking for something that can easily be clipped aiwb without much rigging or fuss. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by jasonhgross; 05-23-14 at 16:09.

Feedback Score
    ESEE Izula or Izula II which has slightly longer scales.

I carry mine in my back pocket behind my wallet, some carry in front pocket.

It can be attatched to belt with tec lock or para cord.

Handle can be para cord wrapped but I really prefer he scales, I dyed mine black for uniform wear.

There are some other after market scales/handles available also but they are more expensive.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I love my ESEE 3; there are MANY sheath options.

http://www.the-knife-connection.com/ratcushcaac.html
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    for relatively the same cost you can get an awesome custom from many different knife makers. check out bladeforums knifemakers fixed blades for sale. many very cool knives put up there everyday.

edit: perfect example

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...re-charlie-***

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another vote for izula, candiru might be another option. Either way guys from ESEE are as top notch as they come. http://www.knifeworks.com/eseecutler...neckknife.aspx
    Last edited by lunchbox; 05-23-14 at 20:21.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    The blades suggested all seem to fit your described needs.

On the sheath, you may wish to take a look at Dark Star Gear. He's done several sheaths and a holster for me, and all have worked very well for their desired role.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Take a look at Shadow Tech Knives.

http://www.stknives.com/SHADOW_SERIES.html

I have a couple one offs from them. Nice knives at nice prices with solid usable sheaths. I usually make my own sheaths, not for the Shadow Tech blades.
    Last edited by luvmy40; 05-23-14 at 20:48.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I carry an Izula horizontally @ 11:00 everyday. It is a great knife for $50, and another $30 will get you some factory scales and a large Tek-Lok. I currently have more money in scales and a sheath than the knife cost, but I carry it everyday with enjoyment.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Try Bladerigs, contact Nick and let him know what you're looking for and he should be able to help you out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    jasonhgross,
    I have been carrying a Spyderco Street Beat everyday for two years. I love this knife. The sheath well made and configurable. Good luck on your find.

jpgm

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast