Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: new targetcam system

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah, but I'm doubtful about them being able to feed from 800+ yards. I don't know... ??
    Did a little more research and looks like range can vary between 300-600 feet, but in practice it's no where near that.
    Thanks for the replies markm. Looks like case closed on using gopro as a spotting scope.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yep. Distance has always been the challenge with this type of approach. I remember reading about some crazy set up some dude on Accurateshooter rigged up.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This entire capability facinates me - the efficiency of having target feedback while I am in position on the line is invaluable. More often than not, I need to take time off during the week to do LR testing / practice. If I can't get a "target puller" (99% of the time), the excercise usually becomes a routine of 5 - 10 shots, then get out of position / shooting coat / sling etc, drive to the pits, pull, mark, log, paste, repeat...gets old.

I am in the process of building a system that is nearly a duplicate of this one. Initially it will run off 120v as I have the luxury of having power in the pits and at the firing line. Eventually, it will be tweaked it to run off Li-Ion batteries so it can be used in a field/tactical environment.

Will report more when it is up / running.

Taliv, thanks for the excellent write up - provided a lot of great insight & motivation.
    opsoff

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shitheads"- Colonel Charlie Beckwith

Feedback Score
    Hello, this is Keith Averill - owner and inventor of TargetCam - www.TargetCam.net I'm posting here so that I can answer any questions that you have about our product. Feel free to post questions or call or email me directly with the contact info on our web site.

Thanks,
    Keith

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234