Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AR/M4 platform in PA

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I thought Elmer & Co were finally going to be overtaken by common sense. Silly me.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    I did too. There seemed to be a massive amount of support for semis (80% of comments), but apparently then the PGC decided that the NRA was influencing all the comments, threw out all of those and went to a survey. They polled 4000 people, 2000 responded (which is actually pretty good) with 52% against allowing them for big game.

So the lesson is, if the PGC doesn't get the response they want, they'll just try again until they do.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Personal I have no interest in hunting with an AR but I also couldn't care less. If asked I would have voted in favor of

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    When was the poll taken and who were the pollees? If not licensed hunters all results are, to my way of thinking, invalid.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    "Commissioners said a clear majority of Pennsylvania hunters voiced opposition to hunting big game with semiautomatic rifles at this time, and the board’s vote reflects that opinion.

Between the Board of Commissioners’ preliminary vote and the vote today, Game Commission staff conducted a scientific survey from a random sample of 4,000 of the state’s hunters, more than 2,000 of whom responded. The findings of that survey were presented to the commissioners at the board’s meeting on Monday.

In the case of PA, Licensed Hunters are the problem when it comes to this issue. There is a HUGE contingent that is vehemently opposed to it. It is the same silly argument that the antis make - it will be dangerous, a bloodbath, etc. PA is one of the only states left that does not allow semi auto for hunting and there is plenty of empirical data from other states to the contrary but we would prefer to stick to throwing virgins down a well apparently.

The sad part is the Game Commission and other groups here will be crying about the dwindling number of hunters leading up to the fall hunting seasons as they have for years now.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    When I was visiting the inlaws over the Thanksgiving holiday and hitting the shops around Harrisburg the locals were buying five round AR magazines like they were candy. Sorry to hear that the Game Commission decided to stay in the 1930's.

Feedback Score
    I'll be loading up some 62gr Varmageddons to start whacking some varmints when the chance comes up. What we need to do is to fill Facebook up with pictures of us using our rifles of choice with hunting successes to show them that yes, we do exist. We WILL win this if we hang in there.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234