Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AR/M4 platform in PA

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
    This. You will most likely kiss you rifle bye bye on the spot to be followed by significant follow on consequences. It would be fantastic to hunt with an AR in PA but not likely to be a reality anytime soon.
    I think I saw some pigs fly past the house this morning. I am stunned that they may actually come around and make this a reality. I guess it is time build that spare stripped upper into a heavier caliber for next fall. Great news for PA.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
    I think I saw some pigs fly past the house this morning. I am stunned that they may actually come around and make this a reality. I guess it is time build that spare stripped upper into a heavier caliber for next fall. Great news for PA.
    There are no pigs flying over PA tonight. pa game commish did not have the testicular fortitude to move our state into the 21st century. Am extremely disappointed.
    Last edited by pscwally; 03-28-17 at 20:49.

Feedback Score
    Semi-auto​s will be allowed for small game and varmints I think.

I can't say I'm overly shocked, the funds have a lot of pull here.

I do have to wonder about the guys against the change though. The number of grown men obsessed with being like their daddy and granddaddy, and using the same guns they did is kind of amazing. Personally I'm not into the role playing thing, and would prefer to use a gun I think offers me the best chance of killing an animal quickly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have not heard anything one way or the other, then again haven't looked or cared to look either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumin View Post
    Semi-auto​s will be allowed for small game and varmints I think.

I can't say I'm overly shocked, the funds have a lot of pull here.

I do have to wonder about the guys against the change though. The number of grown men obsessed with being like their daddy and granddaddy, and using the same guns they did is kind of amazing. Personally I'm not into the role playing thing, and would prefer to use a gun I think offers me the best chance of killing an animal quickly.
    I am assuming you mean fudds? In which case yeah, I've heard nothing but, "If they can use semi autos people will be getting shot left and right when people open up with them thar machine gun ARs emptying 30 clips all day at a deer." Which is funny since in the next breath they talking about how they bought an AR for home defense because they need "fire power." Bring up that every other ****ing state, as far as I know, allows semi autos, and they just look at you dumbfounded. I think we are too close to NJ and NY and the brain rot bleeds over.

At any rate, I'll be down at the club tomorrow night, I am sure I'll hear more details there. Will likely hurt someone of the fudd's feelings too. Actually, thinking about it, I think I'll drag one of my ARs along just to piss the fudds off.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Have not heard anything one way or the other, then again haven't looked or cared to look either.

I am assuming you mean fudds? In which case yeah, I've heard nothing but, "If they can use semi autos people will be getting shot left and right when people open up with them thar machine gun ARs emptying 30 clips all day at a deer." Which is funny since in the next breath they talking about how they bought an AR for home defense because they need "fire power." Bring up that every other ****ing state, as far as I know, allows semi autos, and they just look at you dumbfounded. I think we are too close to NJ and NY and the brain rot bleeds over.

At any rate, I'll be down at the club tomorrow night, I am sure I'll hear more details there. Will likely hurt someone of the fudd's feelings too. Actually, thinking about it, I think I'll drag one of my ARs along just to piss the fudds off.
    Not for nothing but in NY you can hunt with an AR pattern semi so lolz @ PA.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I know. But you get the fudds here scream that ARs aren't good for hunting and that it would be a bloodbath if you let people use ARs to hunt. And I am deathly serious, "There will be people getting shot all over with semi auto." If I've heard it once, I've heard it 50 times.

On the flip side, though, unlike your average pleb in NY I can buy 30 round mags without issue and have enough to give Bloomsburg a stroke, forget the fact that I have enough ammo to make your average "prepper" feel inadequate. So there is that.

I don't know why I give a damn, I don't hunt deer, the only things I would care to hunt would be coyotes, and upland birds. I guess, I had bounced around doing a 300blk build if I could use it on deer because I don't already have enough calibers in my gunsafe, but what the hell.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Well it looks like you'll be able to hunt coyotes with your AR, and you won't have to worry about the 5+1 round restriction that they were going to put in big game.

I really think a lot of these guys, and the PGC, would like nothing more than to drive even more people away from hunting. Just based on the comments I'm seeing on the PGC's Facebook page, it seems like a good number of them are hoping they'll end up with more tags as less people hunt.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    I know. But you get the fudds here scream that ARs aren't good for hunting and that it would be a bloodbath if you let people use ARs to hunt. And I am deathly serious, "There will be people getting shot all over with semi auto." If I've heard it once, I've heard it 50 times.

On the flip side, though, unlike your average pleb in NY I can buy 30 round mags without issue and have enough to give Bloomsburg a stroke, forget the fact that I have enough ammo to make your average "prepper" feel inadequate. So there is that.

I don't know why I give a damn, I don't hunt deer, the only things I would care to hunt would be coyotes, and upland birds. I guess, I had bounced around doing a 300blk build if I could use it on deer because I don't already have enough calibers in my gunsafe, but what the hell.
    Yea, I hear ya. It's a lame argument though. I remember stomping around the woods in Butler county with a lever action 30/30 at the legal age of 12 and taking my first dear.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumin View Post
    Well it looks like you'll be able to hunt coyotes with your AR, and you won't have to worry about the 5+1 round restriction that they were going to put in big game.

I really think a lot of these guys, and the PGC, would like nothing more than to drive even more people away from hunting. Just based on the comments I'm seeing on the PGC's Facebook page, it seems like a good number of them are hoping they'll end up with more tags as less people hunt.
    Well, that is good for Coyote, I suppose. Not that I ever felt the need to load a 20 round to more than 5 rounds whenever I hunted them.

Though, if the remarks are going that way, I'll take that as a personal challenge, and start dragging family and friends in from out of state just on principle. If nothing else my nephew and BIL will happily take any deer meat I don't want.

Yea, I hear ya. It's a lame argument though. I remember stomping around the woods in Butler county with a lever action 30/30 at the legal age of 12 and taking my first dear.
    I don't have one, but a good 30-30 is on my list of guns I need, not want, need, in my safe. I just haven't been motivated enough to really shop for one. But, they are like the Garands and M1 Carbines, just a simple classic. Which brings me to semi autos for hunting, I really do want to take a deer with a Garand. Don't ask me why, because for my area anything more than a 30-30 is overkill 95% of the time, if not more.

Feedback Score
    Which brings me to semi autos for hunting, I really do want to take a deer with a Garand.
    I've thought it would be neat to use my Garand for hunting, but then I shoot it and remember how heavy the thing is, and how much walking we tend to do when hunting (we still do some driving of deer). I feel about the same way with my grandpa's old 30-30 lever action. It's not that I can't carry the rifle, but I'm pretty much exclusively a meat hunter, and I don't want to make the job any harder than it needs to be.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast