Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Let me see your MK12 Build

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    Are people still building these mk12 clones? These things are dinosaurs, and I love them. Some great looking builds here. Whether clone correct or not they look great. And I personally like the idea of a light precision based platform built around the lowly 5.56 round. I know there are some newer and better calibers out now but my Lord look at how much ammo is around for these things. There are some very capable 5.56 loading too. Will it excel in every type of terrain or any theater? No. Probably not. But it will suffice in many depending on the guy behind the trigger, just like every other round out there.
    Here's mine.
    I started ( as per usual for me) with BCM upper and lower receivers , ( incorrect, not A1 type lower and not Colt etc..), barrel and BCG are Mr LeClairs excellent ( and correct) Mk12 barrel and his BCG ( not). That barrel is an absolute laser. I also have his mk12 gas block. Rail is KAC ff rail (correct). Sights are also KAC (correct) front and rear. I also lucked into a KAC stud/swivel type sling mount which,according to Mr. LeClair, is the right one for the Mk12. Ops muzzle brake sans can for now. Harris bipod on a Larue (incorrect) mount. A2 fixed stock, Sprinco green and A5 buffer. I have to have a Geissele and went with the High Speed National Match using the DMR spring set. Ergo original. The rings are the ARMS 22 High (correct) holding a Vortex PST 2.5-10x32 (incorrect) and I love that scope, it will more than suffice for me.
    I still need to pick up an M84 gasbuster. I picked up a flat trigger guard to put on.
    So, you can see that it's not an "according to Hoyle" correct clone by by Geez it will flat out shoot. I've done a small bit of load development with it using the Seirra 77gr OTM bullet over Accurate 2520, Ramshot TAC, 8208XBR, and AR Comp and it seems to shoot them all well.
    Anyway, you guys have built some fine rifles. I hope mine is worthy of the company.Attachment 51943Attachment 51944Attachment 519452
    Yes, people love them because they look cool and can post tiny groups from the bench. Theres a reason why there are 2 threads with 200+ pages about SPRs on TOS.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Yes, people love them because they look cool and can post tiny groups from the bench. Theres a reason why there are 2 threads with 200+ pages about SPRs on TOS.
    Yeah, I know that people are still building them because I am one of them. I was being a smart @$$, you know, just a little dry humor man? I posted my build back in March of this year I think. And about the small groups, I posted some fine examples of those recently as well so I'm aware of the appeal too. I was only joking.
    By the way you can check out my build ifn you search the forum a bit, or maybe you wouldn't want to, I don't know. Just sayin...........
    Last edited by BillB; 05-17-18 at 16:28.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    Yeah, I know that people are still building them because I am one of them. I was being a smart @$$, you know, just a little dry humor man? I posted my build back in March of this year I think. And about the small groups, I posted some fine examples of those recently as well so I'm aware of the appeal too. I was only joking.
    By the way you can check out my build ifn you search the forum a bit, or maybe you wouldn't want to, I don't know. Just sayin...........
    I know,I was speaking to the ether of the internet. Ive purchased one of Monty's SPR uppers when he first offered them circa 2008, then I stopped cloning shit because like you said they are dinosaurs in terms of capability.

Feedback Score
    Are the PRI uppers good to go? My friend bought a complete rifle from them but he said the upper and lower fit was horrible so he sent it back. I have a block 2 upper and wanted a MK 12 type to round out the collection of older style mil spec rifles. All mine have the KAC RAS rails and old school Aimpoints or ACOG's but wanted something a little more for precision.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I personally have no direct experience with the PRI equipment but I know someone here has. There are many really good options out there ( not saying PRI is not among them) so look around and see what you see. Kevin is a great, great guy, though I believe he is slowing down lately and I'm extremely happy with his components. MTSN maybe.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    ^ Also need to add my PEQ2A and rattle can it to match.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Are the PRI uppers good to go? My friend bought a complete rifle from them but he said the upper and lower fit was horrible so he sent it back. I have a block 2 upper and wanted a MK 12 type to round out the collection of older style mil spec rifles. All mine have the KAC RAS rails and old school Aimpoints or ACOG's but wanted something a little more for precision.
    In my opinion after putting together several Mk12 variants, you're better off rolling your own vs buying from anybody. If you really want the details to be right, nobody is completely nailing it. From what I've read, not all Douglas barrels are created equal. I've heard mixed reviews on PRI Douglas barrels. If you want the best, High Caliber Sales sources Douglas variants that are made on the same machines as the originals. I took that route and have been extremely pleased. Not a cheap option but definitely one worth investigating if you want maximum accuracy and "clone correctness"!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Target at 50yds.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF?Shane View Post

Target at 50yds.
    Am I missing something here?
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

BCM 16" RECCE MK2 DkBrz, Custom Mk12 Mod1 built by Monty LeClair, 16" Middy w/ HCS RECCE barrel, A5, Young NM BCG, SSP, Geissele NM rail, Ops Inc., Super CH. 14.5" middy Noveske Afghan X3, 10.3" pistol DD barrell, Benelli M4, Ruger 10/22 w/Victor stock, GLOCK 17 Gen 4, Dan Wesson Valor Duty Coat, Dan Wesson Valor Blue, Dan Wesson Silverback 10mm, S&W 27 4"

B Co 4th502nd Inf Reg. '86-'90. 11b
    B Co 3rd187th InfReg. '90-'94. 11b
    Iron Rakkasans

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast