Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brand New Suppressor Line - Crux

Feedback Score

Brand New Suppressor Line - Crux

I apologize if this is redundant. I have not seen anything posted about this really anywhere.

http://www.cruxsuppressors.com/#cruxsuppressors

Introducing Crux Suppressors \ˈkrō\ , a suppressor that is designed and developed with the customer in mind. There really are no suppression solutions that compete in this class of suppressor. Ultra Light Weight, Ultra Tough, and the Most Accurate Suppressors available on the market. So Accurate that Crux Suppressors Set the World Record Longest Suppressed Shot at 3,670 yards, that's 2.08 Miles at the National Guard International Sniper Competition in Ft. Chaffee Arkansas.

CRUX SUPPRESSORS:
    Provide Superior Sound Reduction
    Increase Accuracy
    Reduce Recoil
    Have Minimal to No Point of Impact (POI) Shift
    Are Exact in Suppressor Attachment
    Have no POI Shift between Serial Numbers and/or Models
    Are Light Weight
    Are Made of 100% Aerospace Grade Titanium
    Have a Lifetime Warranty

Crux Suppressors uses its patent pending sigma baffle technology to produce fluid flow within the suppressor. When other suppressor technology achieves suppression by utilizing turbulence; Crux suppressors approached suppressor design in a whole new way by promoting flow and inducing very intense alternating tornado/whirlpools that entrap incoming gas molecules in the tornado which does not want readily release them. These conditions create very powerful forces that actually attract and contain gas molecules in each suppressor baffle significantly longer than any other suppressor on the market (in the range of 150 - 250% more containment). This technology has demonstrated its superior performance in the smallest, lightest, and quietest .338 Lapua Magnum suppressor on the market at only 6" in length, and accuracy is second to none winning Top .308 at the Snipers Hide Cup and the GAP Grind Sniper Competitions and recently breaking the world record for longest shot at 3670 yards.

We make the the lightest 30 & 338 Cal Suppressors with the best performance on the market. At 9 - 14.75 oz. we are a whole oz lighter than anything that competes with our sound suppression. On top of that we have incredible POI shift repeatability and very minimal POI shift from unsuppressed to suppressed

Our suppressors are designed using the latest and greatest computational fluids modeling to analyze gas flow to produce quiet suppressors. Not every suppressor is equal. After over 80 different designs, experiments, and engineering design events; Every detail was designed and verified in CFD analysis to achieve specific results at the right instant in time to produce the best performance and the highest accuracy
    This is a new product line by Templar Tactical. They currently have over 20 different models using direct thread and propietary mounting options ranging from 5.56 to 338 LM; not to mention a .45 / .458 model. All their 30 cal suppressors are fully rated to 300 Win Mag. They also have full auto SBR rated suppressors.

Your choice of colors from Black, Coyote, FDE, OD, Sniper Gray.

Frankly, I dont really understand the science behind it but they're apparently using some kind of cyclonic vortex which sucks in and traps expanding gas.

Last edited by luckydube56; 05-28-14 at 21:50.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    The cyclonic tech sounds like a OSS copy to me, but in Titanium, which could.mean lighter, but louder and shorter life span.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 05-28-14 at 22:08.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Okay. I am embarassed now. This line has been around a couple years....I just never heard of it

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    If they've figured out with extensive FEA how to have specific stall regions in baffles that can delay escape of gas impulse, cool. To a degree even a welded washer in a pipe suppressor actually achieves that, but probably not to the same degree. Still, Titanium cans are a significant cost addition and lifetime reduction in exchange for weight, and that's the majority of what's interesting about these.

The honest answer is that I'd rather run a Ti Arbiter (SAS) can for a bit less - a nearly identical mount (brake instead of the 4-prong) in a can that despite being 50% longer (a 9" can) is a couple ounces lighter for a precision system, but a good 6" stubby 30 caliber can would make a lot of sense for a BLK or 16" .308 Urban-SASS setup.

For a titanium can that short to weigh as much as an OPS 14th (they're the same approximate size, but the OPS is old school and in stainless) there has to be a fair bit of material left in there, so lifetime on these is probably not that bad either, but Ti will still erode if pushed in the temperature domain.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    If they've figured out with extensive FEA how to have specific stall regions in baffles that can delay escape of gas impulse, cool.

For a titanium can that short to weigh as much as an OPS 14th (they're the same approximate size, but the OPS is old school and in stainless) there has to be a fair bit of material left in there, so lifetime on these is probably not that bad either, but Ti will still erode if pushed in the temperature domain.
    Just so I understand you, the redirection and shaping of gas (as opposed to simply bearing the brunt of molecular impact) may help with baffle erosion, but any gains here are then potentially lost in the fact that it retains and holds heat???

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydube56 View Post
    Just so I understand you, the redirection and shaping of gas (as opposed to simply bearing the brunt of molecular impact) may help with baffle erosion, but any gains here are then potentially lost in the fact that it retains and holds heat???
    Redirection of gas has more to do with suppression, and in the case of a lower volume can that better sound performance can be attained if they've figure out some really neat geometry that takes advantage of stalling areas where the flow passes through the bore section of a baffle to slow the gas escape - the net sound reduction has to do with how much of that gas impulse can be delayed. The case of faster erosion still comes down the materials - Titanium, especially when hot, suffers from erosion to a greater extent than stainless or high-nickel alloys like Inconel, so if ran on an SBR, or more so faster strings of fire a Ti can is going to have the early blast baffles chewed up sooner. I'm guessing that adjusting the internal baffle layout to improve survivability isn't going to help with suppression levels, especially in shorter 30 cal cans.

My argument with these is that they're really heavy despite being titanium, so these are in a regime where there is a LOT of material left inside the cylinder of the can and from the looks of it the performance is really impressive for the specific length and as light as they can be considering that form factor, but they do get outperformed by really similar cans that are somewhat longer (same diameter, so greater volume helps more than relying on clever but compact design) and those longer cans are actually lighter.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply. I am curious though. If they're so heavy, I wonder how it achieves the claimed minimal PoI shift.

Feedback Score
    Pardon my ignorance, but I can't find any lighter weight 7.62 suppressors on the market. Only thing I can figure is TTP Crux suppressor specs separate suppressor and QD mount weight while others list them combined. Is that right?
    Basically, just point me towards the lighter 7.62 cans because weight/length is probably my chiefest concern.

essayons
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick." -Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt, 26th US President
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -Gen. James Mattis, USMC (Ret.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soldier_twiggy View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but I can't find any lighter weight 7.62 suppressors on the interwebs. Only thing I can figure is TTP Crux suppressor specs separate suppressor and QD mount weight while others list them combined. Is that right?
    Basically, just point me towards the lighter 7.62 cans because weight/length is probably my chiefest concern.

essayons

essayons
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick." -Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt, 26th US President
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -Gen. James Mattis, USMC (Ret.)

Feedback Score
    Wrong button, sorry y'all.

essayons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast