Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Magtech CBC 5.56 77gr OTM MK262 MOD 1 Clone

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Different powder... and perhaps an influence by the kind of primer. The main diff in what manufacturers work with is that their powder lots aren't canister grade... so they work up on a lot that's not the exact same characteristics of the powder you'd buy on the shelf.

They don't have magic powders any better than what you or I can get. It's just that they formulate a load on the lot of powder they are running. For example, I've pulled different years of XM193 down and found that you get different weights of ball powder.
    Last edited by markm; 06-03-14 at 09:08.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    How do people compare these to the IMI offering using the same projectile at the same price?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    This looks like awesome stuff. A few questions for you, Grant:

1. Is the primer also sealed like the neck?
    2. Will the coupon code I got from you a few months ago work here?
    3. Do you have 5,000 rounds in stock? (seriously)
    4. All the same lot?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    This looks like awesome stuff. A few questions for you, Grant:

1. Is the primer also sealed like the neck?
    2. Will the coupon code I got from you a few months ago work here?
    3. Do you have 5,000 rounds in stock? (seriously)
    4. All the same lot?
    1. Yes.
    2. No (there is no coupon code for ammo).
    3. Yes.
    4. Most likely.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Only able to order one case at a time?

Also still interested if anyone has compared these to the IMI offering, thanks.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Only able to order one case at a time?

Also still interested if anyone has compared these to the IMI offering, thanks.
    We have raised it to 5 cases.

C4

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Out of curiosity, for those of you that practice with 55 grain ammo but keep your HD mags loaded with something like this, how close do the two loads print to each other? If you sight in with 55 grain factory ammo at 50 yards, are we talking feet apart at 100 yards? I know the answer is probably to have a second rifle loaded and set up around your favorite HD ammo, but I'm not quite there yet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Out of curiosity, for those of you that practice with 55 grain ammo but keep your HD mags loaded with something like this, how close do the two loads print to each other? If you sight in with 55 grain factory ammo at 50 yards, are we talking feet apart at 100 yards? I know the answer is probably to have a second rifle loaded and set up around your favorite HD ammo, but I'm not quite there yet.
    For me its never more than just a couple inches and that is at 100 yards. At a garbage local range they have a crappy gong at 100 yards. It is roughly a 4 inch square. Zeroed with 55 grain loads the 75/77s will hit the gong always using the same point of aim. Holding dead center. I never really measured it but when shooting both they always seem within a couple inches definitely not feet.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I zero my HD rifle at 50yds with my HD ammo (Barnes TSX handloads) and leave it there. Luckily bulk 55gr handloads impact in the same exact spot. Even if they were 6" apart, I wouldn't be too worried about it as long as the rifle is zeroed with my HD ammo.

FWIW, always zero with what you intend to use in SHTF scenarios. If you need to train, zero for that ammo, then re-zero for SHTF ammo.
    Last edited by Onyx Z; 06-19-14 at 08:17.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    .3mils down and .2/.3 mils left at 100 meters. On my rifles with red dots, there is no real discernible shift. This is using 55gr Summit Ammunition and my own loaded 77gr at MK262 speed. Zeros are 100 meters.

Edited to add:
    If you zero at a closer range and then shoot at 100 yards, typically you should see a greater difference between the two.

Last edited by j-dubya; 06-18-14 at 22:08.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast