Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7.62 Can shooting 5.56?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    One brother in law and my best friend both run AAC SDN6 cans on 5.56 guns and they work great.
    +1 to this.... Just got my SDN6 this past Thursday. Promptly took it to the range and ran .300 Blackout, 308 from an LMT MWS and 5.56 out of a DDM4V5. I ran it previously to Thursday on a DD Mk18 with no issues. Does it work? Definitely. Am I still going to get a M4-2000 as a dedicated 5.56 can? YOU BET! Always nice to have a can that be specific to caliber so I don't have to change stuff out all the time. Also I'm kind of curious as to the additional sound reduction offered by a 5.56 specific can.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    +1 to this.... Just got my SDN6 this past Thursday. Promptly took it to the range and ran .300 Blackout, 308 from an LMT MWS and 5.56 out of a DDM4V5. I ran it previously to Thursday on a DD Mk18 with no issues. Does it work? Definitely. Am I still going to get a M4-2000 as a dedicated 5.56 can? YOU BET! Always nice to have a can that be specific to caliber so I don't have to change stuff out all the time. Also I'm kind of curious as to the additional sound reduction offered by a 5.56 specific can.
    The M4-2k and SDN6 have similar sound reduction on 5.56 guns. The M4-2k just does it a little shorter and lighter. And with more back pressure.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Here's a stupid question. Do AAC, say SDN6 and M4-2k use the same mounts?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason0311 View Post
    Here's a stupid question. Do AAC, say SDN6 and M4-2k use the same mounts?
    Those two do, yes.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    One brother in law and my best friend both run AAC SDN6 cans on 5.56 guns and they work great.
    I do the same thing and I have had no issues. Works great.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by menizzi View Post
    I am shopping for a "All in one Can" as atf-41p is in the air. I have a approved Gemtech quicksand 7.62 just sitting at the sliencer shop. Been approved for a few months just need to pick it up. I like that its all TI. So my question.
    Are you shopping or already purchased it? Why haven't you picked it up to see how it runs?!

Quote Originally Posted by menizzi View Post
    I just bought the saker 7.62.

After I talked to the guys on the phone. I was sold.
    How did you come up with the quicksand in the first place over the other options?
    You will be very please with the saker.

Feedback Score
    I just recently received my SF SOCOM762-MINI. I'm tickled pink with how well it works on my MK18 and 7.62 AK.

Ek

Feedback Score
    I ordered the Quicksand more then a year ago. Its been approved for some time I won't even pick it up for yet another year when the saker can gets approved. Then I will pick them both up at the same time.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Given rule 41P and the ability to purchase further NFA in jeopardy, the last silencer you should have bought was a gemtech quicksand.

It is a Ti can that is made for low volume shooting (bolt action rifle). It is not appropriate for an SBR or any auto loading rifle at all.

The correct choice should have been a 7.62 Surefire RC. This would have covered you from .300 magnum rifle cartriges all the way down to .17 HMR.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Given rule 41P and the ability to purchase further NFA in jeopardy, the last silencer you should have bought was a gemtech quicksand.

It is a Ti can that is made for low volume shooting (bolt action rifle). It is not appropriate for an SBR or any auto loading rifle at all.

The correct choice should have been a 7.62 Surefire RC. This would have covered you from .300 magnum rifle cartriges all the way down to .17 HMR.
    WOW, Just WOW...hard to believe that so much inaccurate information could be written in one post. While the Quicksand is all Ti it holds up well to semi auto 308, 5.56. The advantage of very light weight,and sound suppression on par with the best silencers on the market make it a very good choice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast