Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First build! 300blk "pistol"

Feedback Score

First build! 300blk "pistol"

First build, tried to stick to good parts. Never would have been able to do it without what I've mostly learned here. My state is a no SBR state, hence the "arm brace."

Upper:
    VLTOR MUR
    10.5" CHF CL barrel in .300blk from PSA
    MI gen2 T9 quad rail
    BCM gas block
    BCM compensator
    BCM Mod 4 charging handle
    BCM BCG
    Magpul hand stop
    Troy HK style flip up sights
    Aimpoint T1
    TLR-2s

Lower:
    LRB Arms lower receiver
    PSA lpk
    H2 buffer from BCM
    Troy ambi mag release
    Troy QD sling mount
    BCM gunfighter grip mod2
    KAK buffer tube
    SIG sb15 "arm brace"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Mini range report. Due to the stellar shipping from Palmetto I was restricted to Barnes black tips. Needless to say I only shot one box. No hiccups and acceptable accuracy. This was from 100yrds, bench, with the T1 Micro, no magnification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Looks choice to me. I expect an explosion in 300BLK builds if/when the ammo price becomes affordible.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    Looks choice to me. I expect an explosion in 300BLK builds if/when the ammo price becomes affordible.
    I agree, I'd definitely get a 300BLK build going if the ammo was as affordable as 223/556.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Looks good!

I agree, I'd definitely get a 300BLK build going if the ammo was as affordable as 223/556.
    Same here. I'd love to have two identical uppers, one for 5.56 and one for 300. I already have both suppressors and the upper for 5.56 but ammo prices being what they are mean I have no use for a 300.

That is really good shooting OP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Same here. I'd love to have two identical uppers, one for 5.56 and one for 300. I already have both suppressors and the upper for 5.56 but ammo prices being what they are mean I have no use for a 300.

That is really good shooting OP
    Thanks guys, I appreciate all your comments. When I was doing my research for this I didn't look very hard at the price of 300blk and I while I probably would have still gone through with the build, my bank account is mighty pissed at me. I found some ammo for $.60/round from Ozark Ordnance, that along with the stuff I got from Palmetto will leave me a decent stash of practice ammo. They are reloads, so some risk is added, but what fun is a gun you built if you can't go out and shoot the hell out of it? I'll report on how the two groups do for anyone interested.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    Thanks guys, I appreciate all your comments. When I was doing my research for this I didn't look very hard at the price of 300blk and I while I probably would have still gone through with the build, my bank account is mighty pissed at me. I found some ammo for $.60/round from Ozark Ordnance, that along with the stuff I got from Palmetto will leave me a decent stash of practice ammo. They are reloads, so some risk is added, but what fun is a gun you built if you can't go out and shoot the hell out of it? I'll report on how the two groups do for anyone interested.
    Its a nice build and ammo should become more available and affordable in the coming months. If you reload it will also be more easier to shoot.

Was that a sub 2MOA group?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeM4 View Post
    Its a nice build and ammo should become more available and affordable in the coming months. If you reload it will also be more easier to shoot.

Was that a sub 2MOA group?
    tata6ude.jpg
    The squares are 1". So it looks like right at 1moa or just under. Take that with a grain of salt though, it was only a 3 shot group and most serious folk like to use a larger sample size. I was being stingy with my $1.60 Barnes rounds and a 3 shot group was just fine for my purposes that day. I'm certainly more than happy with the 10.5" cold hammer forged, double chrome lined barrel though. I think I read on 300blktalk to expect 2moa with the .300blk.

Gratuitous picture..
    photo(2).jpg

Feedback Score
    Catastrophe! Ran two mags of the Ozark ammo with no problems. The first round of the Palmetto mag had the back of the case ripped out. Now I have a broken case stuck in my chamber. The rod method was useless, can't even feel where the barrel ends and the case begins; so no purchase point for the rod to push on. A .223 broke case extractor was also useless. HELP!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    Catastrophe! Ran two mags of the Ozark ammo with no problems. The first round of the Palmetto mag had the back of the case ripped out. Now I have a broken case stuck in my chamber. The rod method was useless, can't even feel where the barrel ends and the case begins; so no purchase point for the rod to push on. A .223 broke case extractor was also useless. HELP!!!
    Ok, the current plan is to get some cerrosafe alloy, melt it down into the chamber and try to extract it that way. If that doesn't work, looks like I need a new barrel, or maybe I should call the guys at Palmetto about their ammo getting stuck in their barrel. I do plan on getting a heavier buffer as it would seem extraction is a little forceful. Any input guys??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast