Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which can for 11.5" SBR?

Feedback Score

Which can for 11.5" SBR?

I'm waiting in my SBR stamp so now looking into cans. I'm more concerned with length and weight than decibels. So long as it hearing safe I'll be happy. I'm looking at two really hard right now, the silencerco specwar 556 and the specwar k 556. I looked at the saker but it seemed you were paying more for the modularity and being a tad bit lighter. What say you guys?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kymudder08 View Post
    I'm waiting in my SBR stamp so now looking into cans. I'm more concerned with length and weight than decibels. So long as it hearing safe I'll be happy. I'm looking at two really hard right now, the silencerco specwar 556 and the specwar k 556. I looked at the saker but it seemed you were paying more for the modularity and being a tad bit lighter. What say you guys?
    if its for duty or serious use get the saker, if its for fun get the regular specwar, both of those are probably safe without ear pro, you will want ear pro with the K on an 11.5 which kind of defeats the purpose

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    if its for duty or serious use get the saker, if its for fun get the regular specwar, both of those are probably safe without ear pro, you will want ear pro with the K on an 11.5 which kind of defeats the purpose
    Why is the specwar only suited for recreational use? What does the saker have over it in durability? ETA: Serious question.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 01-09-15 at 20:34.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Specwar is rated for full auto and up to 300rum...what am I missing? Recreational use only?

ETA: just realized 556...redacted the 300rum.
    Last edited by SkyLine1; 01-09-15 at 20:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mine is a Saker 556. 134 dbs.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    So long as it hearing safe I'll be happy.
    556 is not really hearing safe with the best cans.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Saker is tough to beat.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    556 is not really hearing safe with the best cans.
    I've shot a few 556 SBRs with various cans and it sounded about like a 22. To me that's hearing safe. Also, what makes the k not suitable for sbr use?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've shot a few 556 SBRs with various cans and it sounded about like a 22. To me that's hearing safe. Also, what makes the k not suitable for sbr use?
    Usually a short barrel plus a short can makes for a pretty loud report still. I have shot 10.5" guns outside with a full sized can on and no ear pro, just to see what it was like. It was loud, but not unbearable. I imagine the same short barrel with a shorty can would still be pretty loud.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast