Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suppressor Covers/Sleeves/Wraps/Jackets - Heat Damage & Wear on Suppressor???

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    My cover was true to size. I would recommend measuring your actual can and order accordingly. (Usually .5" shorter for QD mechanisms).
    My SPR/M4 is 8.625" long. I was going to orde rthe 8.5" one when I got around to it. Just enough where I can activate the latch but still cover the entire suppressor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here is the Griffon Industry mini HMMS on the Surefire SOCOM 556 SB. I went with the Mini cover verses their SOCOM cover so I could get to the lock ring without moving the cover. I don't do continued mag dumps so it's all good for me. Pictures on a LWRC 10.5" A5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Great thread gents. I am in the market for one of these covers and your input is really helping. Sucks that I still have 3 or so months to wait for my first stamp though.

Which cover is shown in the picture that has left burn residue from usage, maybe I am getting old but I read the thread a few times and still haven't come to a conclusion? Thanks and I apologize if it's obvious.
    Last edited by Blak1508; 11-29-14 at 13:41.

"It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Take This."

https://www.facebook.com/Blak1508
    Instagram Blak1508

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blak1508 View Post
    Great thread gents. I am in the market for one of these covers and your input is really helping. Sucks that I still have 3 or so months to wait for my first stamp though.

Which cover is shown in the picture that has left burn residue from usage, maybe I am getting old but I read the thread a few times and still haven't come to a conclusion? Thanks and I apologize if it's obvious.
    Looks like an Elite Iron/TAB/Armageddon Tactical design which uses a Nomex type core.

Those cover are nice for precision guns, but don't take the heat as good as a glass fiber (Griffin or Rifles Only) design.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How is the Rifles Only HAD holding up?
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Has anyone here had experience with the Bowers Griptastic cover? The price is certainly low and if the cover holds up to regular use it might just be the thing to get.

Bowers Griptastic Suppressor Cover: http://youtu.be/JrwQAxgP6mI
    Last edited by Tokarev; 01-13-15 at 08:27.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    I have a Griptastic I tried on my Saker. It helped a bit with the mirage, but certainly was not able to handle it at all after half a mag through it. It also slipped forward a bit from the recoil. I don't know if this issue was made worse due to the fact that the Saker has a slight taper to it. I do really like Bowers as a company and their customer service was fantastic. Just not a fan of the Griptastic.

The Griffin HMMS I use now also wants to slide forward a bit but at least it has the cord which I tie off on my light mount and no more slippage!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brendon View Post
    I have a Griptastic I tried on my Saker. It helped a bit with the mirage, but certainly was not able to handle it at all after half a mag through it. It also slipped forward a bit from the recoil.
    I noticed the sleeve slide forward a pretty good amount on the AK video above.

I wonder if the Manta does that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234