Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ed Brown 1911

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    I haven't ever owned an Ed Brown, but the fact that nobody can seem to agree if they're good or not, and that there's no real overall consensus tells me all I need to know.
    If you form an opinion of a gun without owning one, then you don't need to know and will probably never know.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've had an SF, good 1911 but let it go and kept the Les Baer TRS. It's preference, however I always gravitated to the TRS.
    P144:1

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunBugBit View Post
    Why, because they required fitting?
    No because they're a junk cast part that's not worth fitting.

I can perfectly fit an EGW, Novak, Wilson Combat, or Colt teardrop in about 10 minutes with a two files and a black Sharpie.

The few Ed Brown's I've seen in the past two years will usually require the shaft to be squared and trued before it can even slide into the frame to get started fitting the pad. Then it will need to be refinished since it had to be heated with a torch.

Straight up junk parts.

Feedback Score
    FWIW, Ed Brown's newsletter earlier this month announced the safeties will now be machined parts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .46caliber View Post
    FWIW, Ed Brown's newsletter earlier this month announced the safeties will now be machined parts.

Good, maybe they'll machine a grip safety because they're about as nice as their thumb safeties too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Good, maybe they'll machine a grip safety because they're about as nice as their thumb safeties too.
    The newsletter stated the thumb safeties were the last cast part used on their guns.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It's too bad that EB safeties suck, because I like their shape/feel. Their safeties RARELY are square. If my smith says he's going to use them, I have no qualms, because I'm not doing the fitting. But if I'm doing it myself, I avoid EB
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The smith who recently installed an EB safety on my Colt NM, posted this pic on his FB page in October. Seem that they told him to "bend" it back, although he refused.

"you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345