Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MEGA .308/7.62 Build

Feedback Score
    How do you like the key mod set. I'm trying to decide between that and the new megalithic

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thetonk View Post
    How do you like the key mod set. I'm trying to decide between that and the new megalithic
    I like the Key Mod set, it has a nice sturdy feel and is a snug fit. The Megalithic was not around when I picked the key mod one up. You can not go wrong with either one but I think that the Key Mod one is a little cheaper. I do have 2 of the VLTOR Monolithic uppers on some AR15's so that is the only experience I have with that design. As far as building I think being able to remove the hand guard piece is nice as it makes it easier to get to certain parts and getting the barrel nut on is easier as well. Although If Mega releases a extended rifle length version of the Megalithic I might have to find a excuse to pull the trigger on it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Found a little time to take her out and zero at 100m after work today. I used some cheaper .308 ammo to get on paper then switched to 175gr Sierra OTM to get it on target. I walked it on with 4 rounds then put 2 on top of each other. It was getting dark and I needed to get home so I decided to call it on a high note. Overall I am pleased with how she handles recoil (think I have a AR that kicks harder) and I am fairly certain it is a sub MOA rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Can't say I know enough about the JP gas block to answer your question, but I was also under the impression that totally tight meant totally closed. Maybe they have a different system for minimal through excessive gas flow.
    I talked about this to a friend of mine today that said maybe since it is a low mass carrier it only needs a very small amount of gas to blow the bolt back. I do remember the brass was only about 3 feet from the rifle and there is very little carbon residue in the rifle after shooting. I have not shot that many rounds out of it but in comparison to my AR's it is a very noticeable difference. I guess it goes to show how over gassed these rifles really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Can't say I know enough about the JP gas block to answer your question, but I was also under the impression that totally tight meant totally closed. Maybe they have a different system for minimal through excessive gas flow.
    I talked about this to a friend of mine today that said maybe since it is a low mass carrier it only needs a very small amount of gas to blow the bolt back. I do remember the brass was only about 3 feet from the rifle and there is very little carbon residue in the rifle after shooting. I have not shot that many rounds out of it but in comparison to my AR's it is a very noticeable difference. I guess it goes to show how over gassed these rifles really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wyld3man View Post
    Put the scope on her later this afternoon, wanted to go to the range but it decided to rain all day and night.
    Looks beastly, nicely done sir.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12