Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint T2

Feedback Score
    My response from Aimpoint via email stated the T2 will be a premium optic, and the pricing on the T1 more than likely will not change. However, they are still shooting for a Sept. release. No pricing was given. The rep said they were rushed due to information leaks.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I run the T1 2 MOA on my work gun, (DD MK18). I really, honestly think it is an insanely good optic. I went to a Counter Terrorism Response class put on by Direct Action Response Co (DARCI). The owner is Rich, a former Special Forces Operator. Fantastic class btw, 96 hours of training in 5 days. Point is, the class is intense, very realistic , and we shot all force on force (Simunitions). Much of the class was run using NODS (glad I had the T1). The class was as absolutely real as one can get in "Training". I really saw the Aimpoint shine while using it in this type of training scenario. It took both direct, and indirect hits, was banged, bumped, and bruised as bad as I was. I can attest to the ruggedness and the bullet proof (almost literally) reputation the Micro T1 has earned. I have never taken any class anywhere that tested my kit or me the way that class did.

The point to my rambling is that between what LAV has done, and my own personal results, I think any further improvements in "ruggedness" have to be incremental. I honestly feel that not much short of a full hit from small arms fire, the T1 would survive. If there is anything to improve on with the current setup, I don't know where it would be. I am a 100% hardcore believer. It is, in my opinion, THE best RDS on the market.

I was running an ARMS mount at the time. I know ARMS takes some static about some things, and I have personally had an ARMS mount throw lever break on me, but it did fine for this class. I have since upgraded to an ADM mount just to be safe . The ADM seems to be as bulletproof as the Aimpoint.

Will I buy a T2 ?? IDK, time will tell. I know with 100% certainty that I trust my T1 with my life. As always YMMV.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What does Aimpoint have that's currently considered "premium?" Is the current T1 not "premium?" How about the Comp M4? Anyway, I'm curious to see what the pricing on the T2 is going to be. I'm not honestly sure how much more I'm willing to pay for what is looking a lot like a T1-plus-ish.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    @ Zim, I guess that's sort of where I am. With the current one being as good as it is, is a substantial price increase, if that happens, worth an incremental gain?? We'll see.

Feedback Score
    The only plus I see to the t2 is the new coating that they say makes it more clear or whatever

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicklinc View Post
    The only plus I see to the t2 is the new coating that they say makes it more clear or whatever
    Pretty much. Maybe it does away with the slight "blue" hue?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone else notice that Aimpoint took the T-2 off their US website? It went from "September 2014" to "Fall 2014" and now it's gone. WTF? I wonder if LAV has any inside info on what's going on.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've seen nothing but rumors, but it can't be easy making it more rugged than the T-1. I wonder if the emitter is any different, since the last one had an inherent flaw that made it not look perfect under magnification. But all I've read is that the clarity is better--nothing to do with the emitter.
    Sucks because I'm in a holding pattern--wanted to try one out, but I'm seeing lots of T-1s for sale at good prices. I don't use any cover, so I thought the longer tube may provide a bit more protection.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DontCome2MyHouse View Post
    Anyone else notice that Aimpoint took the T-2 off their US website? It went from "September 2014" to "Fall 2014" and now it's gone. WTF? I wonder if LAV has any inside info on what's going on.
    It shows up for me.
    http://www.aimpoint.com/products/all-products/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It doesn't show up on the US landing page:

http://www.aimpoint.com/us/products/all-products/

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast