Thread: New RMR questions

Feedback Score

New RMR questions

Hey all,

Just got my new RM06 to mount on my g19 MOS. I noticed 2 things that I want to make sure are OK.

1) the battery seems to be held in by a magnet and is a little loose. There was no click or anything while installing it. Normal?

2) I noticed the actual red "dot" isn't really a dot. Seems like a cluster of dots and not a perfect circle. Is this also ok?

Any help appreciated!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejewels View Post
    Hey all,

Just got my new RM06 to mount on my g19 MOS. I noticed 2 things that I want to make sure are OK.

1) the battery seems to be held in by a magnet and is a little loose. There was no click or anything while installing it. Normal?

2) I noticed the actual red "dot" isn't really a dot. Seems like a cluster of dots and not a perfect circle. Is this also ok?

Any help appreciated!
    Do you have astigmatism?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    I actually don't know if I do. I've never needed glasses or anything.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I actually don't know if I do. I've never needed glasses or anything.
    If the dot looks like a cluster of grapes it is your eyes. You choked your chicken a couple of times too many. I didn't believe my mother either!

Feedback Score
    Haha ok so not seeing one solid circle dot is normal to some eyes. The battery think ok too?

Feedback Score
    1) You are SOL on the dot clarity. Have someone else check the dot, but likely it is your eyes as other posters have opined. My RMR was clear as day and the dot was perfectly round on all RMRs I have seen.

2) The battery does not click in and it is a pain to install sometimes. Suarez recommends use of a vulcanizing rubber cement dot to make sure there is solid battery contact. Warrior Talk has a lot of lessons learned on red dot sight on pistols. That forum is not universally popular, but they do have some real insight in this area.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Haha ok so not seeing one solid circle dot is normal to some eyes. The battery think ok too?
    Take an index card or other piece of cardboard and poke about an eight inch hole in it. Hold the cardboard about 4 inches from your eye and the RMR about a foot or two away. If the dot looks good through the hole in the cardboard your eyes are the problem.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    An easier method to check for astigmatism is to put the optic face down on a table. While looking at the dot rotate the optic. If the dot cluster does not change, it's your eyes.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I hate it when I find out about my medical conditions on gun forums haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Astigmatisms are pretty common and most people do not know that they have them. The most common cause is head trauma or concussions. Remember that time you got your bell rung while you were playing football or another contact sport? Yeah, that is more than likely what caused your astigmatism. Most of the time they aren't that big of a deal, I have one and still have 20/20, 20/15 vision.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell