Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with WML - keep me honest

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    For years I thought a weapon mounted light just introduced an easy way to get killed in a home defense scenario. An easy way for a bad guy to identify your position. If I am awaken by a bump in the night and after confirming my wife is beside me I will be the guy sitting in the corner of my bedroom prepared to shoot anything that shows it's face at my bedroom door. I don't have dogs or kids so shooting at shadows isn't a problem for me. I have now changed my position and have equipped my HD rifle and shotgun with lights. I reason that a light will enable me to clean up my mess if needed. Dead home invaders don't have much to say in court! Get a light. It just sits there doing nothing if you don't need it. GH
    there are training principles that help mitigate light use from giving away your position. momentary light and then move. offhand scanning and strobing of handheld. not holding a light on is very crucial for doing stuff in the dark. your eyes only need a moment to collect a ton of data.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Well, like you thought, and everyone has confirmed, You NEED a Light. Once you get your light you also NEED to shoot at night with it. If you have never done this before I believe you will find it will be different that you think.

A buddy of mine is a decent shot but pretty inexperienced and when he first got his Veridian laser light combo, well lets just say after we shot both day and night he said Holy SHIT the laser and light are both NOT what I expected. HE just had unrealistic expectations for his level of experience with his chosen tools.

BUT You Do NEED A LIGHT!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123