Page 177 of 212 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2119

Thread: HK new striker fired pistol VP9! Pics inside!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    It's quite simple: They start the day off like any other, with an empty chamber and a loaded magazine. But they cock the pistol first. At the end of the day, when the pistol is still cocked, it provides palpable proof that their pistol will not discharge by itself and that they can carry a fully loaded pistol safely.

ETA: I'm pretty sure most striker-fired pistols have a striker AND a firing pin - two different parts. But it has been a long time since I've played with a cut-apart Glock.

ETA2: Found an exploded diagram of a Glock. I am the derp.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 10-13-14 at 01:31.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Spork View Post
    Not safariland, by Raven Concealment makes one
    Them any many others. But thats why asked about safariland specifically. I'm a fan of their QLS attachments and run my first line holsters with them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does anyone know the recoil spring replacement interval for the VP9? I like to keep some spare parts on hand; curious to what HK recommends. If no one knows, I'm just going to replace it at 5K round intervals.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Does anyone know the recoil spring replacement interval for the VP9? I like to keep some spare parts on hand; curious to what HK recommends. If no one knows, I'm just going to replace it at 5K round intervals.
    As stated by HK, 10,000 rounds minimum replacement interval.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    As stated by HK, 10,000 rounds minimum replacement interval.
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Source for springs? I haven't found them anywhere yet.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Has anyone milled the slide for a rmr yet? Did a quick search and only found discussions but no end product.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a chance to grab a new VP9. Been a dedicated M&P guy for a while now, but a striker fired HK is hard to pass up. I have it on loan to decide. Dry fire wise, all good. As expected, grip, ergo, trigger, etc, GTG. Only drawback to me is the loss of two rnds vs. the M&P, but not a deal breaker. I'll take it to the range and see how that goes, but I'd expect it to be fine. If the range session is GTG, then I'll probably grab it.

Now that this gun has time spent in various hands, and many rnds down range, anything I need to be aware of for problems with have shown themselves? No doubt, mags not cheap and limited choices for CCW rigs?

Thanx
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I finally sold my M&P with DCAEK, RAM, and Storm Lake barrel. Nice gun, despite the slide auto-forward "feature", but when I got a PPQ, I just stopped shooting the M&P because the PPQ was so much better. Then, when I got the VP9 a year or two later, I just stopped shooting either of my PPQs (selling one of them as we speak) so that my striker-handgun stable is going to be one PPQ and one VP9. I think either of the two are way better than my M&P was, and the VP9 is at least marginally better than the PPQ.

As to CCW, I use a OWB leather belt slides without thumb breaks - no problem with CCW holsters for me.
    Last edited by Hmac; 11-26-14 at 10:01.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I have a chance to grab a new VP9. Been a dedicated M&P guy for a while now, but a striker fired HK is hard to pass up. I have it on loan to decide. Dry fire wise, all good. As expected, grip, ergo, trigger, etc, GTG. Only drawback to me is the loss of two rnds vs. the M&P, but not a deal breaker. I'll take it to the range and see how that goes, but I'd expect it to be fine. If the range session is GTG, then I'll probably grab it.

Now that this gun has time spent in various hands, and many rnds down range, anything I need to be aware of for problems with have shown themselves? No doubt, mags not cheap and limited choices for CCW rigs?

Thanx
    I've been using a blade-tech nano IWB holster for my VP9..so Far, I like it. I think you'll find getting a CCW rig isn't going to be as hard as you think, Mags? Well, they are going to cost more.. Grant has them at $38 apiece.. I myself was lucky..I had 6 brand new P-30 mags left from a P-30 I had, that I had bought from HKUSA, at, if I remember right $32 apiece. When the release of the VP9 was announced, the prices of mags began to rise as everyone and their brother scrambled to buy mags first, and then the pistols.. The bright side here is, the P-30 mags are pretty much bulletproof. I'd check HKUSA, and Grant for mags, I think you'll find the VP9 is a pretty decent pistol, all I've done to mine is add Dawson sights to it and it's GTG. As far as problems go, all that I'm aware of, is that there have been 4-5 of the trigger bar springs break, of these, one was broke during assembly at the factory(at least that's the theory) and another that Bruce Grey had was broke, apparently from improper disassembly when they were looking at what they could do for future trigger work.. I don't know the cause of the others breaking..(My guess people picking, prodding, poking, at things they shouldn't be) I haven't read of one just breaking from normal use. HKUSA has been very quick to fix.. I myself don't really see it as a problem. The VP9's frame does not readily lend itself to detail stripping, Removing the striker from the slide is about like a M&P. I've got close to 2k through mine, and it's been fine.. No problems and very accurate.
    Last edited by ralph; 11-26-14 at 10:26.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Page 177 of 212 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast